Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2012, 16:52   #61
BHPian

Re: My Linea MJD - with race chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
As per the RaceChip Manual, There's no need to change the Right Switch, Only we need to tweak Left one and if Engine lugs, then we have to match it up by tweaking Right switch.
I too wanted to try it. But need to do it after the 45000 Kms service will happen on March 2012.
Yes, that's right - but I have found a different if I dial the right switch to a lower setting (= lower rpm range) to enable better driveability in the city.
Old 24th January 2012, 17:07   #62
Senior - BHPian

Please let me know once you find a exact set up for both Highway and City Use.
For the Cost, Race Chip is a boon to boost the power of our Linea.
One my Friend has set it up to Left Switch 4 in his Punto 75Bhp and for him, that's the best setup for both Highway and City. Power and Torque is very evident in his tweak.
Old 25th January 2012, 11:06   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Please let me know once you find a exact set up for both Highway and City Use.
For the Cost, Race Chip is a boon to boost the power of our Linea.
One my Friend has set it up to Left Switch 4 in his Punto 75Bhp and for him, that's the best setup for both Highway and City. Power and Torque is very evident in his tweak.
Thanks for the hint. Will try that out over the next week and see if it's better. BTW, another important point is that with option (b) I can feel a lot more torque steer - especially in low-speed turns, if I try to accelerate mid-corner..not sure if this is a new phenomenon but atleast I am observing it now
Old 1st February 2012, 21:56   #64
BHPian

Finally settled down on a good setting for both city & highways....do note that this setting might or might not work for everyone else, as I think a significant portion of the comfort factor of a particular setting is subjective and depends on individual driving style.

Left switch - 3
Right switch - E

Will stick on to this setting for a while and assess a more long-term view for the same.
Old 27th March 2012, 13:11   #65
BHPian

Hi Guys,

After reading this forum and waiting for some time, I have today ordered a Racechip for my car. Total cost was 174.00€. I am planning to ordera Air filter (K&N), I am getting it in hyd for Rs.5490/-, but the dealer is saying that warranty can be void due to this. Can you pls let me know if I should go for this, what will be the plus and minuses of using this Air filter and is the cost OK?A speedy response will be of great help as I need to decide on filter part.
Old 27th March 2012, 13:26   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetfreak View Post
Hi Guys,

After reading this forum and waiting for some time, I have today ordered a Racechip for my car. Total cost was 174.00€. I am planning to ordera Air filter (K&N), I am getting it in hyd for Rs.5490/-, but the dealer is saying that warranty can be void due to this. Can you pls let me know if I should go for this, what will be the plus and minuses of using this Air filter and is the cost OK?A speedy response will be of great help as I need to decide on filter part.
All the best with your race chip Gadgetfreak!

I had a Conical K&N installed in my previous car (Indica Petrol LSi 75bhp model). There was some driveability improvement at low rpms and pepped up exhaust note. But with the MJD, I am not sure I want to install one. You can probably adjust the settings on race chip to make it more driveable if you like. All said and done, the K&N filter technology has to theoritically atleast allow more dirt get into the engine, compromising its life.
Old 27th March 2012, 13:32   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdadi

the K&N filter technology has to theoritically atleast allow more dirt get into the engine, compromising its life.
So you mean to say that its better to avoid K&N filter as it allows more dirt to get into the engine.
Old 27th March 2012, 13:44   #68
BHPian

My previous car is still running after some 6 years with K&N and 70K+ kms. So I cant judge the long-term effects of K&N. I guess for most people the desire to change to a new car occurs faster than any terminal effects of K&N :-)

I dont have strong opinion either way with fitting a K&N filter to be honest.
Old 31st March 2012, 12:27   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdadi
Finally settled down on a good setting for both city & highways....do note that this setting might or might not work for everyone else, as I think a significant portion of the comfort factor of a particular setting is subjective and depends on individual driving style.

Left switch - 3
Right switch - E

Will stick on to this setting for a while and assess a more long-term view for the same.
How's this setting. Have you faced any issues so far. How about highway and city drivability? Any improvement in FE?
Old 1st April 2012, 21:03   #70
BHPian

Hi AKS,

The setting is OK. I am experiencing a drop in fuel efficiency, though it has given me that extra oomph. I might actually revert back to original settings and checkout if the FE changes.

It could be turnout that default settings is a good compromise afterall :-)
Old 1st April 2012, 21:31   #71
BHPian

My Linea MJD - with race chip: 30000 kms Update

Time for some updates:

My MJD has now done 30000+ kms, and its been 2 years 7 months. It has been mostly pleasant going so far. Happy with the fuel efficiency (which has gone down a bit after my chip settings change). But every now & then it gives me great kicks when I press the accelerator against unsuspecting traffic and whoosh away in the power band

- There was an unfortunate incident a few months ago where one "L" board lawyer bashed against the rear right bumper + door because he misjudged his entry into a parking slot next to mine . I got the door repaired & repainted at Sai Colorium for 3.5K. The bumper was just realigned back to its place.

- Changed the OEM speakers on the car to Hertz, mainly because the right front speakers had started to crackle and sounded broken. It costed me 11.5K overall (2+2 front, 2+2 rear). Front is component while rear is coaxial. Got it done at Ebass near Shivananda Circle. Overall experience was ok. One issue is that the door padding had to be cut a but on the inside at the front, as the speakers are slightly larger. Sound quality feels better than before.

Its been some time since I did some long trip in the car - need to plan that sometime during these summer months.
Old 1st April 2012, 21:43   #72
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Linea MJD - with race chip: 30000 kms Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdadi View Post
Time for some updates:

My MJD has now done 30000+ kms, and its been 2 years 7 months. It has been mostly pleasant going so far. Happy with the fuel efficiency (which has gone down a bit after my chip settings change). But every now & then it gives me great kicks when I press the accelerator against unsuspecting traffic and whoosh away in the power band

- There was an unfortunate incident a few months ago where one "L" board lawyer bashed against the rear right bumper + door because he misjudged his entry into a parking slot next to mine . I got the door repaired & repainted at Sai Colorium for 3.5K. The bumper was just realigned back to its place.

- Changed the OEM speakers on the car to Hertz, mainly because the right front speakers had started to crackle and sounded broken. It costed me 11.5K overall (2+2 front, 2+2 rear). Front is component while rear is coaxial. Got it done at Ebass near Shivananda Circle. Overall experience was ok. One issue is that the door padding had to be cut a but on the inside at the front, as the speakers are slightly larger. Sound quality feels better than before.

Its been some time since I did some long trip in the car - need to plan that sometime during these summer months.
Great updates and its sad to hear about the incident due to no fault of yours. By the way when you give it to servicing are they able to detect any errors when hooking up the laptop, ofcourse they dont do that unless some complain. Whats your experience with the warranty etc after the race-chip mod?
Old 1st April 2012, 23:03   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Great updates and its sad to hear about the incident due to no fault of yours. By the way when you give it to servicing are they able to detect any errors when hooking up the laptop, ofcourse they dont do that unless some complain. Whats your experience with the warranty etc after the race-chip mod?
Well, I have had no issues with the service so far (attribute it to just being lucky so far), even thought I had actually left the race-chip as is at the 15K and 30K service!

Anyway, the benefit of race-chip is that since it's serial, once you plug it out, there are no fingerprints left.
Old 2nd April 2012, 09:19   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, I have had no issues with the service so far (attribute it to just being lucky so far), even thought I had actually left the race-chip as is at the 15K and 30K service!

Anyway, the benefit of race-chip is that since it's serial, once you plug it out, there are no fingerprints left.
Ok cool thanks for the information, i guess your milage drop is because the accelerator is pressed a bit more harder now a days with the race-chip on
Old 5th April 2012, 16:55   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi AKS,

The setting is OK. I am experiencing a drop in fuel efficiency, though it has given me that extra oomph. I might actually revert back to original settings and checkout if the FE changes.

It could be turnout that default settings is a good compromise afterall :-)
Might be, you have pushed the car for the life.
This happened once we feel the thrust in our new modernization.
For me, the FE is very much increase by 1.5 kms in Highway and .5 to 1 kms in City ride.
Overall i am happy with default settings, but i need some ooomph factor, so plan to change the settings slowly to find the best for my kind of driving.
Will post it once the findings end.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks