Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2011, 16:27   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hello from Mayank

Hello Team-BHPians,

I am Mayank Jha from Bangalore.

We have been contemplating buying another ride for us (Bangalore having lack of public transport this is now a need) for last few months and have looked and test drove lots of cars.

My first ride was my uncles Standard Gazel way back in 1982, and god I loved that car. Later when Dad decided to get one for the family we decided to get a Premier Padmini in 1989 which served us for good number of years until we sold it in 1996. The next ride was much more comfortable (at those times – with AC etc) our lovely Zen which we still own. This car has already done 70k clicks and is still going strong.

1996 saw me move out of my hometown, for job etc (Being a software programmer there was nothing to di in my hometown), and then 2 years later I moved to US where I drove the Pontiac, the Acura Integra and also got a chance to ride the Ferrari.

Decided to head back to India in the year 2000 and felt the need to buy my own ride, choose Indica Lxi (Petrol) over others as it offered more space and power then the rest, and decided to move from single status to double status in 2001.

Me and wify drove the Indica for 55K Kms and 7 years later we decided to sell it off as by that time we had bought our current ride (Suzuki Baleno Vxi in 2005). She is still going strong after 5 years and looks like will be our ride for next 2-3 years more (as she has just done 48k Kms), and is mostly used for kids dropping to school job. Looking for another ride to take me to office and do long distance travelling as the our daughter is little older now and we can think of driving longer distances then before.

I love my cars and keep them well maintained, have been reading Team-BHP for last 1 year for all sorts of things like reviews, travel logs etc, have been longing to be a member now that I am a member hopefully I will contribute to the forum once I get my next ride in a few weeks.

Cheers!
Old 10th February 2011, 18:53   #2
BHPian

Re: Hello from Mayank

Welcome Mayank, with so much time spent behind the wheels i am sure that you & your new partner (Fortuner?) would be bringing for us lots of interesting travel stories from distant places of India.

All the best with your new tourer.
Old 10th February 2011, 21:11   #3
BHPian

Welcome aboard Mayank

That was a nice crispy review.

Do tell us about your budget and your need so that we can suggest few.

Please start up a thread on your Baleno long term ownership report.

Happy and safe driving
Old 11th February 2011, 12:59   #4
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys for reading and if that was not enough responding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Phrangmung View Post
Welcome Mayank, with so much time spent behind the wheels i am sure that you & your new partner (Fortuner?) would be bringing for us lots of interesting travel stories from distant places of India.
Ohh boy where did (Fortuner?) came from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by camchennai View Post
Welcome aboard Mayank
Do tell us about your budget and your need so that we can suggest few.
Well i am planning to write a thread up on my next buy, and yes will put up a long term ownership report on my Beleno. The only catch is this baby is no longer available from MSIL hence may not add a lot of value.
Old 11th February 2011, 19:13   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Ohh boy where did (Fortuner?) came from?
Needless to say San "Aapke muh mein ghee shakkar". Hope you get the meaning
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks