Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2010, 12:48   #1
BHPian

Why?Zag!......

Part 1: Long-Long Ago:
Everybody dreams. However, most of these dreams are short-lived. We don’t even remember most of them give or take a few days, some a few weeks, and some maybe - a few years. With time we grow, not just old. We let ourselves adrift just because everyone else is aimlessly drifting too. The further the fool down the ocean, the more he seems to be an idol to the others, closer ashore. Finally one day when we manage to drift away into the middle of nothingness and are surrounded by the endless expanse of tranquil emptiness, we reflect. We reminiscence about a lot of dreams that, in the long gone past, we had somehow managed to hold onto long enough, enough to allow them to crawl beneath our thick skins and creep into our veins and flow down deep, deep into some unknown recess of our hardened hearts. Sad,but true. Sometimes, something triggers off the insatiable hunger and sets one off onto a journey into the undiscovered abyss of one's soul. Finally after what seems like an unfathomable quest during the tenure of which, one realizes his inner strength and faces reality. We stumble onto the one dream that mattered most to us, but one that we had let slip away, even when we had the chance to maybe, live it forever. Then as the darkness seems to seep over the horizon, we feel.. the zephyr. Ahoy!, life does sometimes give a second chance......

Part 2: The Awakening:
It was her, it was always her. Right from the first time i laid my eyes upon her i knew i was hooked for life. I smiled whenever i saw her in my dreams, shamelessly lusted for her. I’d touch her just to see if such beauty could be real, even when she belonged to someone else. She was the very reason for living. Even then I’d dream of her in black, quartz black. I then knew how any saint felt! - my love for her made me crazy. But then something happened when i was touching 18...........
I left the confines of land and the company of landlubbers and began my life afresh in King Neptune's domain. Time flew by and although my love for her never abated, my passion dwindled.
As time passed by i went through several relationships and gave each one my heart. However i could never comprehend, why i never felt complete. At times, the truth is so simple and clear that we disregard it oblivious and overlook it without a second thought.

Today I’m 38 and had nearly made my compromise with life until i stumbled upon three everyday words that shot through my heart and pierced my soul ...........................Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Portal
Part 3: The Dreamer:
I always thought i was kind of stupid to name my bikes and my cars with some touching names. Heck, sometimes when I’m alone i even talk to them. Most of the time, i know they don’t talk back to me, but they give me that look that tells me they understand me. Hard to explain but so very easy to experience.
The safari was my first and only love. The day i walk down the aisle with one will be the most selfishly satisfying thing i'd ever done purely for myself. I’m a taurean and bulls are patient, so i can wait, for my steed. I must have downloaded every safari picture on the forum/net and worshipped them over and over again.
Epilogue:
My Current Rides:
Kinectic nova - Puppy (fav shopping/short errand)
Honda Dio - Sweety (better half rules here!)
Yamaha Rx 135 - Twisty (My First and only bike)
Getz 1.3 gls - Snowy (named after tintin's best freind)
Scorpio 2.6 crde - Doodle (my 3.5 yr old kiddo finds this name cute, a true buddy)
Ex-Flame(s):
Bajaj Chetak - Drooly (she taught me how to ride on two wheels)
Esteem vx - Brownie(she found a new lover)
Zen vx - Snowy (named getz as a tribute to her lovely memories)
M 800 - Dizzy (the special one - my first love,) (rode abt 3000k non-stop with dad - Punjab to Vizag in 1997)
Dream Rides:
Bullet - Respect, love, passion......
Tata Safari –
…….the Safari is not something a human can just own (remember it’s its not Owned it’s possessed), it is much more, much more more...It is an experience that requires one to reach into one's soul and Experience true nirvana.................In Quartz black, this sweet seductress is the most desirable dream.......in arctic white, there is no sweeter looking –‘Kunfu Panda’(I guess my sweet 3 yr old princess would love to name the gentle elephant this, but she is still confused as ‘boo-boo’ is tempting as well).The smile on her face is so gentle, like a big wild elephant smiling.
Lastly someone said,'o young man rejoice, life is short'...so will i too, but first I need to ………….'re-claim my life'....................until then my 'booboo' i will always wish you hello every time i see you confined in the showroom (how cruel!),will set you free soon.............................................. .........................
That’s it crew - trust your briefing towards this mission has been well understood
- All crew, dismissed!
Yours Truly
Cap (by the way - I’m a captain in the merchant navy)
why?zag! (that's Vizag for the landlubber's!)

Last edited by Eddy : 23rd October 2010 at 12:50.
Old 23rd October 2010, 13:59   #2
BHPian

terrific intro captain! I see a join date of Nov '09; been away sailing is it?
Surprised to see the Safari on your dream rides list when you already own the Scorpio; different set of priorities when you picked the Scorpio over the Safari I guess.
Old 23rd October 2010, 15:28   #3
BHPian

Scorpio was meant to be a stop gap arrangement and is pre-workshipped (paid for it without even sighting it - just on the assurance of a friend who vouched for the same) as Safari was taking too long (delivery), will be back home from the ship around the first week of nov and do an long trip (hopefully Arunanchal) - in my Scorpio
(The wise old sage said - 'the first love will always remain embedded in one's soul forever').
I have got used to falling in Love big Suv's. the Scorpio still remains a temporary solution, although i must confess - a good and satisfying one. i will miss her whenever she's not around. esp her powerful heart and go anywhere attitude.

The Safari - whenever - will be new!(Born and bought up in my arms)

To be honest kept putting off the intro as felt same was weird!.(better half vouches for this fact)

thanks for yr kind comment (on a lighter note - you have woken up my insane writer lurking in me!)
Old 23rd October 2010, 16:59   #4
Senior - BHPian

welcome on team-bhp booboo ji!!

best of luck for safari.

please go trough Announcements - Team-BHP & Team-BHP - Announcements in Forum : Announcements its very important.

because in your very 1st & 2nd post you violated two rules.
  • do not use excessive full stops or type like...... this....
  • dont use sms short forms. (yr-your, I’m -i am)
rgds,
Nikhil
Old 23rd October 2010, 17:03   #5
BHPian

Nikhil, will ensure compliance , regret inconvenience caused
Old 23rd October 2010, 17:24   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by booboo View Post
Nikhil, will ensure compliance , regret inconvenience caused
yes as a newbie i too did same mistakes.

just know the rules & you will be fine.

rgds,
Nikhil

Last edited by jeepster : 23rd October 2010 at 17:25.
Old 23rd October 2010, 17:37   #7
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard booboo ji
Quote:
Yamaha Rx 135 - Twisty (My First and only bike)
Glad to welcome another Rx fan
Old 23rd October 2010, 19:16   #8
BHPian

thanks aargee,
this one is for you (twisty is 10 yrs old), asked for nothing but a new pair of shoes so far. pure stock.

Why?Zag!......-copy-dsc03012.jpg
Old 24th October 2010, 07:22   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by booboo View Post
thanks aargee,
this one is for you (twisty is 10 yrs old), asked for nothing but a new pair of shoes so far. pure stock.

Attachment 442678
Thank you sir. Try to source a pair of Alfa Toyo Rx's stock mirrors. Without them, it looks like 2 horns. What tire sizes are you planning? I hope you'll stick with 2.50 X 18 & 2.75 X 18 right? Or are you planning to upsize?

Here're few Rx threads running on this forum
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...-rx-100-a.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...rts-rx100.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...-rx-100-a.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...987-rx100.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...read-pics.html (Excellent & most active one)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...njoy-guys.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ack-glory.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ast-rx135.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...100-rx135.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...-rx-135-a.html (Excellent & awesome one)

Edit - The front fenner doesn't seem to be a stock. Stock comes with a shiny chrome plated one.

Last edited by aargee : 24th October 2010 at 07:27.
Old 24th October 2010, 09:47   #10
BHPian

aargee,
wow, that is some! info on the threads related to Rx
(will start to go through same shortly)

the horns are courtesy my 3 year old princess who loves to twist the mirrors until nothing but the horns remain, have admitted defeat finally.
reg the mudguard(sharp observation). the old one had the problem of corroding where the number plate would bang against it every time twisty passed over any speed-breaker, so had to get it changed(*** suggested same)

will upgrade shoes after going through the threads on same when i go home, in a week (from now)
Old 26th October 2010, 22:40   #11
BHPian

Welcome aboard Captain ,

There are a few seafarers on this forum , additions to the count are welcome .

You are on the best automobile forum available.

I am Rajendra 78- 79.

Regards
Old 27th October 2010, 06:28   #12
BHPian

thanks a lot vintageman,

glad to know that seafarers are part of this wonderful, addidtive and informative forum
while we learn about cars from these gifted guys, we could contribute
to the thread in some way maybe (cant think of any positive way though)

maybe one of us should post a travelogue of a ship and take these guru's
on a voyage where they pitch and roll from a sailor prespective
(just a thought, but yes it sounds promising)

i am from the 90 direct entry
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks