Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2010, 21:11   #1
BHPian

Intro

Hi guys

I am Kishore Dumblekar, 53 years old, married (to the same woman for the last 23 years), have two children, a daughter & a son. I am based in Bangalore.

In the past I have owned a 1957 Fiat, a Premier 118 NE, a Tata Sumo, Tata Sierra Turbo, Indica and a Maruti Omni LPG which I sold recently.

Currently, I own a RE Bullet Electra 5 Speed, a Hero Honda Pleasure & the apple of my eye - a 1987 model MM 540 2WD.

Am an enthusiastic biker, have done several solo as well group rides with my buddies in RTMC Bangalore. Longest ride - Bangalore to Manor for RM-X in January 2010. Have attended RM-8 in Hyderabad & RM-09 in Ooty (alongwith my son). Hope to attend RM-11 at Kolkata next year (if my wife lets me !!)

Sold my Maruti Omni LPG and bought a 1987 Mahindra MM 540 2WD a month ago which is undergoing bodywork, painting and brake upgrades over the last one month. Thankfully no engine work. I am spending more money on it than what I paid for it. Money well spent, because it's coming out all right. Upgrading the brakes with a booster, bigger brake drums, bigger brake liners, etc.,

I received a lot of pointers on the repairs, brake upgrades, some useful tips etc., from Team-BHP for which I am very grateful.

I will be posting "before" & "after" pics of my jeep on the site (subject to the approval of the mods).

Someone on the site had commented that the full form of "JEEP" is Just Empty Every Pocket. He must have been speaking from experience. And I am experiencing it now !!

I look forward to a lot of interaction with more knowledgeable members in this community.

Thanks to the mods for admitting me as a member.

KD
Old 3rd September 2010, 22:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the team KD!

Nice write up and interesting choice of vehicles.
From the looks of it you will be using your Jeep as a daily drive?

Team-BHP has, as you have already discovered, a wonderful 4x4 section - you'll fit right in!

Cheers!
Old 4th September 2010, 10:21   #3
BHPian

Hi Anekho

Thanks. Yes, the jeep is going to be my daily drive. Eagerly looking forward to drive it. Have'nt driven it after I bought it.
Old 23rd September 2010, 11:26   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd7202 View Post

Am an enthusiastic biker, have done several solo as well group rides with my buddies in RTMC Bangalore.

I will be posting "before" & "after" pics of my jeep on the site (subject to the approval of the mods).
Hello Kishore saar - great to see you here! Can't wait to see the jeep in the flesh, err, metal. Awaiting pics....
Old 23rd September 2010, 14:16   #5
BHPian

@ Naveen

7 days to go. Currently in the last stages of painting.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed