Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2010, 19:44   #1
BHPian

All About Me

Hi Friends !
After big thanks to Moderators to give me the privilege to be a member of theis elite group, I introduce myslf.
I am Amrik Singh returning back to Delhi, after 14 Years in Dubai and an earlier period of 4 Years in Bahrain. I was in Driving starting from Heavy Vehicles and coming downward to lighter vehicles in Delhi.
Often used to drive Local Bus as a hobbyist while going to JNU where I was a Part time student before 1982. Now 56, with 37 years of Driving Seat and my Butts combination, I still feel myself to be a young learner.
My driving skills improved towards wrong side when I was at a Dam Project in Iraq wrecking Toyota Land Cruisers and rendering them fit for dirt track only - labelled as 'Unfit for Tarmac'.
Time saw me aiming at the sand dunes of Dubai lavishly and 4WD vehicles crawling on them. It was different - now I had to have my own 4WD.
Knowing my driving habits I knew I shall never set eye on new Car - and last 10 Years in Desert has seen me almost write off Two 4WD and now trying to dispose off 2005 Nissan Pathfinder at my return to Indian Pavillion. Another Toyota Rav4, mostly driven by my wife, has tasted desert sand on few occassions is also up for sale.
In India I am looking for Jeep (not new certainly) and shall look forward to mount it on the biggest tyres possible. Importing 31" Tyres with Rims from Dubai could be considered if Garages are available capable to carry out the lift. I shall seek BHP support on my dream.
All members are welcome to mail and contact freely.

Wishing all members a Happy and Safe driving.

Amrik Singh
Amrik Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2010, 22:41   #2
Senior - BHPian

Nice intro there Amrik, and welcome to the team!

31" wheels and a custom jeep? Sounds great - would love to see a thread with details and lots of pics!

Cheers!
Old 3rd September 2010, 23:52   #3
BHPian

Plenty of Pics of our Dune Bashings and modified Jeeps in our website of which I am a member

www.desertlions.com/forum

I have been into desert driving for last many years. Although I never owned Jeep, I managed with Hundai Galloper (Ditto as Mitsubishi Pajero ) with 3.0 Litre Engine. First Long Chassis then Short Chassis of the same make. R.I.P.

For last three years I have been driving Nissan Pathfinder with 3.5 Litre Petrol Engine.

Now returning back to India, I shall go for used Jeep with Diesel (for obvious reasons) but need Delhi registration. Then I shall go for the Mods.

Shall seek advice from Seniors.

Regards
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks