Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2010, 23:03   #1
BHPian

Addicted!

Finally!

After nearly 8 months of >2 hrs per day spent searching, browsing, understanding, knowing...living Team-BHP, all I can think of by way of introducing myself is:

Belatedly & finally we meet! It was long overdue!

Hi all, I'm Manish from Mumbai; still on the right side of 30 but only for a couple of years longer. An Electronics engineer who, for want of anything better to do, got an MBA in Finance. A couple of job switches later, am working at L&T in their Corp Strat deptt (which, by the way, only sounds cool!).

I think it was in 2002 that I saw an orange Palio and fell in love with it. Got busy with girls (both good & bad!) and forgot all about cars. Saw a Punto in Jan'10 and my love started afresh and this time it was for keeps. And the interest and the "for keeps" part, in no small measure, was fuelled by this phenomenal forum.

And today, on becoming a part of it, I feel Privileged!

And feel sorry for those who haven't heard of it and haven't explored the wonderful, orgasmic world of automobiles. Whose world ends with the Marutis & the Hyundais (not belittling either of the cos; just trying to describe a "certain" type of people) without having explored the untrodden.

Anyways, we were on introductions, right? Well, I blog on socio-economic issues, have Economics as my only hobby (other than women & wine, of course!) and am currently doing an M.Sc. in it from IGNOU, purely out of interest.

I aim to visit, in no particular order: Brazil, Siberia, Colombia, Papua New Guinea, Vietnam, Laos, Mexico, Seychelles, Mongolia, Peru, Egypt, Bolivia, Florida, Miami & China!

And dream of owning an ultra-powerful machine one day; and roads to drive it on!

Well, and Hi All! Sooo looking forward to interacting with you all and understanding the world of cars.

PS:
There are those who inspire us. Well, in my list, these last few months, a new name's been added: GTO!

See you all!
Old 19th August 2010, 23:15   #2
BHPian

Hi Manish, welcome to the T-bhp family,

Thats a cool intro bro. Looking forward some more of your experiences.
Old 20th August 2010, 07:59   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hi Manish,

Welcome to the BHP family. Nice introduction through. One thing for sure, keep logging in the BHP forum and you well definitely be de-addicted of wine and women coz there are lot more droolworthy stuff in here.

BTW working at L&T, means you are closer to my office which is at Hiranadani Business park. Would love to meet you some time.
Old 20th August 2010, 08:59   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sami316 View Post
Hi Manish, welcome to the T-bhp family,

Thats a cool intro bro. Looking forward some more of your experiences.
Thanks sami316, will surely do that; as soon as the heady feeling of my first romance lets me have a bit of spare time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Hi Manish,

Welcome to the BHP family. Nice introduction through. One thing for sure, keep logging in the BHP forum and you well definitely be de-addicted of wine and women coz there are lot more droolworthy stuff in here.

BTW working at L&T, means you are closer to my office which is at Hiranadani Business park. Would love to meet you some time.
There sure is a lot of droolworthy stuff here. Was just wondering the other day - wine, women & cars, what else does one need in life? And all that one needs to aim for is - better wine, better women & better cars!

Would surely love to meet you ghodlur. Will PM you to fix up a time.
Old 22nd August 2010, 19:53   #5
BHPian

That's a neat intro buddy! Would love to read your blog: post the url. And yes, stuff that sashays on two wheels (er...) is very very droolworthy! Am yet to plunge into the world of 4 wheels, but am getting there soon!
Old 28th August 2010, 20:31   #6
BHPian

Post Edited

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramraman View Post
That's a neat intro buddy! Would love to read your blog: post the url. And yes, stuff that sashays on two wheels (er...) is very very droolworthy! Am yet to plunge into the world of 4 wheels, but am getting there soon!
Hi ramraman, welcome to team-BHP yourself buddy! And ohhhhh yes, among what I want to own too is a Maruti Gypsy. Always have loved it. I just wish it were a diesel. Other mods, ac, suspension, comfortable seats etc. I could have done but ohhh! in today's times, to drive as much as I do (2000 kms. in 10 days on my Accent CRDi) I need a diesel. But hey, you never know, my company might consider me a valuable asset and decide to double my salary and that day I'll look in the mkt for a Gypsy.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks