Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2005, 20:05   #1

I've finally seen the light

Forgive me fellow Team BHPians for I have sinned.

I have been arrogant and indifferent.

I was introduced to Team BHP by my good friend RUDRA.
He told me about the fun, fact-filled and friendly web community that car lovers like I would enjoy.
But, I did not register.

Next he took me to Sidewalk on Marine Drive to get a first hand taste of true Team BHP spirit while watching what I love watching the most - F1. I drank, screamed and cursed along with other Team BHPians and even though Schumy lost that one, I had great time.
No I did not register.

He even introduced to to a fabulous BHPian called Gautam, who I never met to-date (we've interacted through phone and SMS). Gautum is one of the most helpful human beings I've ever met. He helped me get great service for my Ford Ikon ( Panther black 1.6 ZXI -2002 model) from would you believe it - Shaman Ford - by putting me on the right guys. He recently helped me get a great deal on beautiful new GoodYear Eagle F1 tyres (185/60) and spanking 16-spoke mags.
Yet, I did not register.

Then something happened. As I sat at my desk, bored to death and staring blankly at my laptop, wondering when I could get the &&*&^ out of Office, without it being seen as to early, my fingers as if by devine inspiration, keyed in those magic words. After this it was all a blur.

I registered today.

Now the remorse of not having done so before.

But alas this whimsical and irreverent soul shall bore you more.

I love the Ford Ikon (the service sucks). After the new Tyres and Rims I have been advised by my friend Rudra to fit in a KNN filter which I shall do after I settle my credit card due for the tyres.

I'm an avid runner. I'm training for the Mumbai marathon. For those mad enough to wake up at 5.30 am, you might spot me hurtling down Marine Drive every morning at an average speed of 13.2 kmph. Trying to build it to 13.5.

I'm crazy about F1. I've been to 6 GPs. I've seen Schumi. What more can one ask for?

I also am nuts about MotoGP and plan to see one next year.

And football. EPL Zindabad.

That's the load on me.

Now that you have all forgiven me.

Cheers

Nachu
Old 8th November 2005, 20:17   #2
BHPian

Welcome to TBHP Nachu...nice intro....infact the best I have read so far(no harm to the others), dont be so hard on yourself man!!Everyone in this world sees light at some point in their life...good that you have seen it!!
Enjoy yourself at TBHP...and thanks for finally registering
Your a Schumy fan...seen him in person, you're one lucky guy...I would have seen light when I have seen him in person(hopefully before he retires).
Old 8th November 2005, 20:22   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice Intro dude,
welcome aboard and enjoy your stay here.
Get a KnN but a cheaper (and maybe even better) alternative would be to contact PJSPEED, a T-BHPian from Cochin who also sells performance filters at a better price. He can courier them to you. Why don't you send him a PM?
Cheers.
Old 8th November 2005, 20:26   #4
Senior - BHPian

Nachu

We're all like that dude in the Avenger ad....okay maybe not SO good-looking (some are better) but definitely as forgiving.

Thou art forgiven, because this place is pretty much like Hotel California - you can check out anytime you want, but you can NEVER leave!

Very good intro dude - I hope things get even better once you've warmed up your engines...

Since you've seen the LIGHT, say this thrice before you go to bed:

Lord I've seen the light

its been shinin so bright

but sinner that I was, full of fright

ne'er knew that I'd fit in so right!

Amen!

Last edited by Steeroid : 8th November 2005 at 20:39.
Old 8th November 2005, 20:32   #5
BHPian

yh all sins are a drop in the ocean at team bhp..welcome aboard man.....ohh now v will have to put up with yet another whimsical soul whos bread n butter is cars and soccer ...EPL i should say....man u have been there done that .....n u already have the looks of motor enthusiast...rock the board....its all yours....

Last edited by ambylimo : 8th November 2005 at 20:33.
Old 8th November 2005, 20:32   #6
Senior - BHPian

Well Rudra sure has a way of rubbing off on people (or mixing in with like minded people), not just in the attitude but looks like in writing style too

Welcome aboard Nachu.
Old 8th November 2005, 20:37   #7
Senior - BHPian

We forgive, and never forget. Atleast, as long as the the little keyystrokes get converted to bits and bytes and a forever lodged into the HDD of whoever hosts this site.

There can never be enough light, can there? Welcome to the forum, expect a lot more people to go out of their way to help you out even more. Next Team-BHP meet try to make it, so that you can put faces to forum nicknames and cellular numbers! Better late than never pal!

Cheers, and enjoy your stay!

P.S.: Are you trying to say that you stumbled onto Team-BHP only because you were bored and had nothing better to do??

Last edited by ported_head : 8th November 2005 at 20:40.
Old 8th November 2005, 20:52   #8
Senior - BHPian

wow WOW mods pls increase teh size of next wow WOW (supposed to be seen in bigger size )

nice ....great intro.

welcome to team-bhp mate, no... team-bhp welcomes you.
Old 8th November 2005, 21:03   #9
BHPian

a big welcome to you NACHU to this wonderful forum
i already get the feeling that i know you well Thanks for that detailed intro
Old 8th November 2005, 21:10   #10
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to TBHP member number 3506.
Please read the announcement section to have a smooth ride. Though I told you about this over the phone but you know.. this is official

Nachu, Gautam is normally _crazy in the forum.

Guys, Nachu and I go back atleast 15 years. We're in the same organisation but in different cities.

Must say, you've taken a long time to join my pal.
Old 8th November 2005, 21:19   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
Guys, Nachu and I go back atleast 15 years. We're in the same organisation but in different cities.

Must say, you've taken a long time to join my pal.
Does he buy insanely expensive photographic equipment too?

Last edited by Steeroid : 8th November 2005 at 21:27.
Old 8th November 2005, 21:26   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Oh boy for all that cruelty...we'd settle for a K&N filter each! We petrol heads can be pretty forgiving characters ;-) Haha.

Well, you took your time but I guess registration came the first time you visited.

Welcome Nachu

GTO
Old 8th November 2005, 22:05   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Does he buy insanely expensive photographic equipment too?
He's an 'account service' person. I (read we, in creative cell) make. He sells. He simply spends huge amount of money on his running shoes...I just don't get it.
Old 8th November 2005, 22:38   #14
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Nachu ! Finally you are here !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachu
I have been arrogant and indifferent.
or just plain lazy maybe !
Quote:
Now the remorse of not having done so before.
glad the wait has been worth it !

Quote:
I love the Ford Ikon (the service sucks). After the new Tyres and Rims I have been advised by my friend Rudra to fit in a KNN filter
better get it fast

Quote:
I'm an avid runner. I'm training for the Mumbai marathon. For those mad enough to wake up at 5.30 am, you might spot me hurtling down Marine Drive every morning at an average speed of 13.2 kmph. Trying to build it to 13.5.

I'm crazy about F1. I've been to 6 GPs. I've seen Schumi. What more can one ask for?

I also am nuts about MotoGP and plan to see one next year.

And football. EPL Zindabad.

That's the load on me.

Now that you have all forgiven me.

Cheers
Now i feel i know you better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyscho
Well Rudra sure has a way of rubbing off on people (or mixing in with like minded people), not just in the attitude but looks like in writing style too
and choice of color on the car too !! Panther Black ikon !!

Hope you have a good time , Nachu ! and yes now atleast i think the chances of meeting you are bright........
Old 8th November 2005, 23:03   #15
BHPian

Hey Nachu ! Its great to have you on Team-Bhp ! And that was 1 Helluva intro !! it was great to see such a intro after a loooooong time lol .
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks