Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2010, 17:19   #1
BHPian

Finally!!

YES...FINALLY!!!!
I think after 3futile attempts my membership has finally been approved!! I kept wondering to type in the "Why Team-BHP?" to get an approval into this section,contents of which I shall not reveal and make it tougher for the guests to get in! So before I start with my official introduction, A great big thank you to whoever approved my membership! Now I can finally my own set of "Team-BHP" Stickers. I wont take this section to tell you much about my car(ill open a whole new thread with a detailed ownership report about it)

I'll tell you a little about myself here,

Well, I'm Raghav, I would say your "guy" who likes cars, gadgets, gizmo's and girls too! I turned 20 last November, I'm doing my electrical engineering(3rd year) from PESIT in Bangalore.Taking pointers from the page of what i should type on this page, I shall let you guys know that I found out about Team-BHP through the stickers seen on other peoples cars, and quite a few in my own college parking lot, and since the petrol head in me couldn't resist, I went online and checked out this amazing forum and just like all of you out there, I was hooked and the rest as they was history. I went through the DIY section extensively and actually tried some stuff out on my own(of which I will surely post pictures later along with my ownership review).

I drive a white Hyundai Getz GLS, 1.3L(2004) model of which I will be giving the review is about 495xxkms done,not really modified, but then that's where team-BHP comes in! It was passed onto me from my sister(who's not married and driving a BMW 320d in the US! what an upgrade!), who drove it for about 20k kms and driver for another 10k(I wasnt 18 then!) So Ive driven this beauty for about 20k in 2 years and loving each minute of it!

The other cars in the house which I don't regularly get to drive are a White OHC type 2(2000 model) which has about 91xxxx on the odo(which is used to chauffeur my mom around) she doesn't drive because of an accident 19years ago. My dad used a White 1.9 TDI Skoda Octavia(2008) which is just about touching 3000kms soon. And there's a black civic(2007) which came when my sister got married but isn't used too much its run just about 10k till date due to low mileage of the car(yeah, I know even the OHC isn't very fuel efficient either, but who's going to argue with my dad, I've been behind him to get rid of the OHC, and this year, he actually may do so, I know all you OHC fans are going to come after me for saying this, but very practically its a 10year old driver driven car, its kept in a good condition aesthetically because my mom uses it, but whatever said and done, you simply cannot compare it's performance to a civic) so that makes the civic a "party or a sunday car" if you will!

I have a personal liking towards hatchbacks more than sedans(whereas my dad is the other way around) So I have no intentions of selling this car for a long time to come(also because its my first personal car, not that Ive bought on my own, but at least personally used) So eventually, If and when I do change, and if i can afford it by then, I have my sights set on the Audi A1, thats going to be one deadly drive according to me. But lets see what the future holds

Besides cars, I do have an interest in photography but Ive never got around to buying a Professional camera or anything, Will get around to doing so eventually i hope.Something about the lens has always attracted me.Besides that I love playing badminton, and recently got a kick to work out in the gym(lets see how long this lasts)

Hoping to learn a lot and contribute to this amazing forum, hoping this was a decent introduction and looking forward to a fruitful journey ahead!

Have a great day BHP-ians,or now can i can say "fellow BHP-ians!"

Drive Safe

Regards

Raghav

Last edited by GTO : 19th March 2010 at 16:18. Reason: Welcome. Do take the time to space out your paragraphs, for the benefit of other readers. I have corrected it for now
Old 19th March 2010, 03:14   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi Raghav, congrats and welcome aboard. Nice intro dude.

This is the right place for an enthusiast or a petrol-head, depends on what one chooses to be called.

Interesting line up of your rides. Since your sister upgraded to a Bimmer from the present car i guess its lucky, so maybe theres an upgrade for you too, around the corner.

Nice to have another enthusiast join our team.

While here go through the board rules to help you familiarize yourself with the forum. Have a great time here and happy revving.
Old 19th March 2010, 19:31   #3
BHPian

[quote=raghav.carfreak;1789752]

It was passed onto me from my sister(who's not married and driving a BMW 320d in the US! what an upgrade!),

who's noW not married*, sorry for the typing error!
it was her first year anniversary gift from my brother in law!(what a gift it was, a black bimmer!). He preferred a 5 series, she preferred the 3, and 3 is what came home! At least he's a happy man now!
And I'm sure the next question on your minds would be what does he drive,but sorry to disappoint you.They share the car(I'm amazed as to how he lets her drive it, would you?!)
and apologies to the moderators for not editing my thread properly, I was just too excited about my first post on Team-BHP so just kept on typing
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks