Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2010, 16:05   #1
BHPian

Indroduction Pro-idiot

Great big hello to you all!

I am professional architect and work in the hospitality interiors business.

Chose the profession by accident, but realised I cleared the entrance because of my skillset and later realised the profession fit me

The skill set mensioned was no great talent other than being inquisitive about how things work in general. Hence the association with cars.
What does one go through in a normal day: Our house (hence architecture) and traffic (hence cars-the better part of the traffic).

Saying that cars are every guys passion in childhood, would not be too far from correct, but I could only hope to be as passionate or experienced as most of you guys are.

First drove my father's maruti van when I was probably in eigth-ninth standard, have loved driving ever since: It is almost thereputic to me, not the high speed kind but the cruising through forested roads kind.

Have been through forest lanes in various vehicles(mostly mahindras and gypsies and my father's ford willys) at even more varied and unearthly hours a lot. Am a nature lover!

Got my first New vehicle ( after waiting a long time to have the cash, without taking a loan: Hate loans!) this Sunday: The maruti swift! Will drive you guys crazy with questions about how to get the most out of it.

Got new Yokos (185/70/r14) on the day of delivery and put in a double din sony system with four simple Xplode speakers, two in the front doors and two in the tray behind, the rest frankly will be up to you guys.

Although a professional , I am quite an idiot compared to most of you guys about cars! But I do understand how a differential works, and know that a 2 wheel drive car is actually only a one wheel drive car and a four wheel drive car is actually only a two wheel drive!

Cheers to being accepted and looking forward to knowing all of you better.
Old 23rd February 2010, 16:43   #2
BHPian

Welcome to the community , my friend.

If you are idiot then some how most of us are in a way or two.

Please dont kill me guys for saying this :P

On a serious note, no newbie gets new shoes for a car on day 1. you have to have some knowledge about good & bad. Having said that Knowledge is never enough which you can keep gaining.

All the best for your time!!! Do post the pics of your new car in ownership thread
Old 23rd February 2010, 19:09   #3
BHPian

Thankyou Samtheleo!

Also for the direction on where to post pics for my car! See I didnt know that.

Hope to keep learning, Will post a lot of pics once I get the time to photograph it in the correct light!

Cheers.
Old 23rd February 2010, 23:02   #4
BHPian

Hello Pro-Idiot. Nice intro. Loved going through it. Congrats on your new Swift. Is it the diesel or the petrol? And I second you on the "hate loan" part.

Never mind the questions, we'll love to answer your queries. Don't bother about the new shoes. Say to yourself that you got a killer deal on the stock ones.

Welcome to the Team!!

See you around!

Cartman.
Old 24th February 2010, 07:05   #5
BHPian

Hahahah...Loved to hear that you own a swift man!! So do I.

Welcome to T-Bhp.
Old 24th February 2010, 12:44   #6
BHPian

Thankyou vinesataris and cartman! My swift is a white VXI with abs.

New K series engine, will post a review after I get some decent miles on it. Initially is a great drive (in some sense better than the previous car).

By the way the avatar pic is my father's brand new scorpio-top version.

Forgot to mension, If you guys have ever been to Madhya Pradesh, there is a hill station called Pachmari, there is an old dirt airfied there. I have had great fun taking our old willys Jeep to its limits (only within my limits ofcourse) on it.

Do you guys know a place in and around Delhi, where something like that be done?

Would be fun!

Cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks