Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2010, 14:13   #1
BHPian

A Teen On T-BHP!

Hi guys,

Let me start off by accepting something : I wasn't really interested in automobiles and bikes till I visited this particular forum. I love gadgets and can't really imagine my life without my lappy, mobile and my iPod. (I guess that's common for all teens, right? ) I am also quite active on many tech sites and even have my own website.

But I have 1 complaint against you guys. I daily check up this site and then waste 2-3 hours daily browsing through various threads. But you guys have made me learn so many things about automobiles. Currently, I am a silent spectator here, but will be active in this forum soon.

I currently drive my Honda Dio to college and back which is about 16 kms daily. I just got a gearless permanent license 6 months back, so I guess it is legal. I reside in Thane (W) and often go to Mumbai along with my friends after bunking college. So you might see me regularly in Bandra, Inorbit or Pheonix. Dad doesn't even allow me to sit on the driver's seat of his car, but I have no issues since I know the rules and would hate to see myself behind bars. Currently, I am helping dad for finding a Laura, because we need a diesel A/T since his office is at Fort ( so travelling daily in a petrol will bring us on streets). I also have a labrador named Tango whose pics have been posted in the Pets topic.

I am really grateful to Google for showing me this forum. Enjoy SAFE driving!

P.S : If any teenager ( or for that matter everybody who is reading this), please do wear a HELMET. I have seen both, people who died and people who got saved, the difference being a helmet!
Old 2nd January 2010, 23:09   #2
BHPian

That was a good introduction you got there. You know the rules. Following those will only do you good. All the best for your new car. Ride safe. Nice to meet Tango. I too own a lab named Rooney. Enjoy the stay. Keep revving.
Old 3rd January 2010, 01:14   #3
Team-BHP Support

welcome to tbhp. kudos for not driving till your legal. its tough. how old are you? 16/17?
Old 3rd January 2010, 01:27   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
welcome to tbhp. kudos for not driving till your legal. its tough. how old are you? 16/17?
I am 16 and a half. What about you bro?
Old 3rd January 2010, 03:23   #5
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum Prateek! Have fun around here!

Akshay - Are you old enough for the car license yet??
Old 3rd January 2010, 03:41   #6
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum Prateek , this is the first time that i've bumped into any team here. Enjoy your stay here and stay addicted.
Old 3rd January 2010, 07:22   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Prateek, welcome! You sound a bit like me! Your father also sounds a bit like mine! I was very active on various tech websites until I got more interested in cars and automobiles and this became my primary source of entertainment on the web!

My dad forced me to use a Scooty until I was old enough to ride a bike(which was 18). He didnt even buy me a bike until I got my Learner's License which was valid for geared bikes as well.

Welcome to the forum again and have a good time here.
Old 3rd January 2010, 12:17   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Welcome to the forum Prateek! Have fun around here!

Akshay - Are you old enough for the car license yet??
no just about 2 and a half months left now.
Old 3rd January 2010, 15:04   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

well prateekm hi there,
i believe when you have a gearless license you can only ride motors less than 50 cc. correct me if wrong.
Old 4th January 2010, 01:38   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
well prateekm hi there,
i believe when you have a gearless license you can only ride motors less than 50 cc. correct me if wrong.
It's 100cc I think. I've known people to drive Activas with one of those [gearless licenses] but nobody said anything.....but of course, if could have been due to the blessed traffic cops....
Old 4th January 2010, 12:58   #11
BHPian

Hi Prateek,

Welcome and happy new year to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Hi guys,
I daily check up this site and then waste 2-3 hours daily browsing through various threads.
Same here dude! I guess that's what shows our love for automobiles.

Follow the rules and ride safe.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks