Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2009, 00:46   #1
BHPian

Hi from Schugun

Hi Everyone,

This is Ganpat from Chennai. I am 30 yrs old, computer engineer by profession. I like team-bhp a lot and I am happy to have joined this site. I am really passionate about cars and motorsport. I guess it all came from my ancestors. My mom's Great Great Grandfather Thirumalai Pillai (thirumalai pillai road in T nagar was named after him to honour his contribution to charity) was the first person in Chennai to own a car (a Rolls Royce) and a telephone. My grandfather was an avid car enthusiast and motorsport fan.

I started racing at the National level (Saloon Esteem category) in 2004 and got two best performance awards for novice (one from Narain karthikeyan). I did an Endurance Esteem race in 2005 and finished third on the podium. Then I did Junior Cup 2005 and two full seasons Formula SWIFT in 2006, 2007 national championships. In 2008, I did the first round of hyundai championship and have been on a break since then (coincidentally that was when I got married). I hope to get back into racing next year.

Currently I am driving a modified pearl yellow baleno. My hobbies are racing, driving, movies, music and browsing. Thanks to team-bhp folks who approved my membership.
Old 14th November 2009, 15:49   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to the team, Schugun (Schumy fan, makes the two of us )! Great to have a racer on the forum, we do have a popular motorsports section. Considering your obvious competitiveness & exposure, I guess we can expect some interesting news & bits on Indian motorsports from you.

Quote:
My mom's Great Great Grandfather Thirumalai Pillai (thirumalai pillai road in T nagar was named after him to honour his contribution to charity) was the first person in Chennai to own a car (a Rolls Royce)
Wow, got any pictures of the Rolls? Our vintage car fans would love to see it!

We'd appreciate your taking a quick pitstop by our board rules section just once for familiarisation.
Old 15th November 2009, 00:04   #3
BHPian

Thanks GTO. Yes, sure I would update the forum when I get some interesting news related to Indian motorsport.

By the way, there was a formal celebration when my mom's great great grandfather received the very first car in chennai and I guess my maternal uncle has a picture of that. I am trying to get access to that picture and when I do, I will definitely post it here.

Thanks for the link about the board rules.
Old 25th November 2009, 02:46   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ganpat
How are you doing man? This is Deep, if you recall we raced FISSMEs together for Rams

Good to have you on board
Old 25th November 2009, 11:03   #5

Hi Gunpat (that should be your spelling, derived from your handle )

Its great to have a racer here on board. I drive like I am always racing (that's what my friends and family say). I would love if you can help me understand how can you take part in racing. I am from Ahmedabad, and don't see much of motorsports here, but would be very interested in knowing more. Thanks in advance, buddy!
Old 25th November 2009, 11:44   #6
BHPian

Hello Ganpat. That's one impressive resume you got there. Welcome to Team-BHP buddy. I look forward to your contribution to the forum.

CHEERS..!!
Old 25th November 2009, 11:46   #7
BHPian

Hello Ganpat,
That's one impressive resume you got there. Welcome to Team-BHP buddy. I look forward to your contribution to the forum.

CHEERS..!!
Old 25th November 2009, 15:29   #8
Senior - BHPian

schugun, welcome to the forum. Can we have a review of your modified Baleno please?
Old 25th November 2009, 19:24   #9
Team-BHP Support

Ganpat, welcome to TBHP. Great to have a person with so much experience as you on board.

Would love to see some pics of your pearl yellow Baleno.
Old 30th November 2009, 23:06   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Hi Ganpat
How are you doing man? This is Deep, if you recall we raced FISSMEs together for Rams

Good to have you on board
Hi Deep. It's nice to hear from you and yes, I remember you very much and our FISSME days.

Thanks for welcoming me and hope we get to meet soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivkamani View Post
Hi Gunpat (that should be your spelling, derived from your handle )

Its great to have a racer here on board. I drive like I am always racing (that's what my friends and family say). I would love if you can help me understand how can you take part in racing. I am from Ahmedabad, and don't see much of motorsports here, but would be very interested in knowing more. Thanks in advance, buddy!
Hi Rajiv! Well I derived the handle from my name and I thought Schugun would be cooler than Schugan!

Thanks for welcoming me. By the way, racing on the tracks is much different than the normal driving on the roads. I realised that when I got into circuit racing and it is really difficult than anyone can ever imagine.

You can possibly do the JK Tyre junior cup to experience what racing is all about and progress from there. If you are lucky enough, you may get sponsored for the national championship. Visit Indmotorsport.com for more information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrazy View Post
Hello Ganpat. That's one impressive resume you got there. Welcome to Team-BHP buddy. I look forward to your contribution to the forum.

CHEERS..!!
Thanks for the comment carrazy and for the welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
schugun, welcome to the forum. Can we have a review of your modified Baleno please?
Hi Gilead. What is the procedure of writing a review?

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Ganpat, welcome to TBHP. Great to have a person with so much experience as you on board.

Would love to see some pics of your pearl yellow Baleno.
Hi benbsb29. Thanks for the welcome.

There are some pictures of my baleno in the thread

"Pics: Modded Maruti Balenos!! Post here!!"

Last edited by Eddy : 30th November 2009 at 23:25. Reason: Please avoid posting multiple back to back posts. Use the edit option if posting within 20 min. Thanks
Old 30th November 2009, 23:29   #11
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard !!

I have edited your posts to merge them into a single post. Please use the multiquote option or edit your post if posting within 20 mins.

Steps to multiquote:

1- Press the multi-quote button (") that you can see at the bottom right of each post.
2- Do this for all the posts that you want to reply to.
3- Press the reply button at the bottom left of the thread end.
4- A new page will open where all the messages are selected. You can type your response in a single post.

For other such help, please check out the rules and announcements.

See ya around...........
Old 30th November 2009, 23:34   #12
Senior - BHPian

Hi Schugun, just go to this section Long-Term Ownership Reviews - Team-BHP

Write your review just like any other post. You can take a look at other threads in the section. Don't forget to add lots of pics.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks