Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2009, 22:09   #16
BHPian

welcome onboard dude, Thats a cute car out there.
Old 14th November 2009, 00:06   #17
MX6
Senior - BHPian

welcome Charles. Nice car you got there.
Old 14th November 2009, 01:11   #18
Team-BHP Support

Welcome on board Charles. We are sure you will love being here. People here do have enormous curiosity about your country and myriad things that it produces and supplies the world with.

Do not believe us entirely when we say we love chinese food amongst other things. We do. But then the version that we love is miles apart from the authentic chinese food that you probably connect with. It is heavily improvised here to suit the Indian palate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
yeah, that was wierd! Maybe chinese and indians have more in common than we might think
Alongwith the beige interiors many of you missed another thing. At least no one mentioned it yet. That of the central speedo console of the Hafei Lobo. This is another new find that seems to be showing up of late in several new cars here in India.

Charles, so how common is the central positioning of the speedo console in the cars in China? Another couple of interesting things I noticed in your car are
* the way the wiper blades are put together. They move in opposite directions. I can think of at least one car here that has the same geometry for the wiper blades.
* the way the front turn indicator lamps are put up just below the windshield. I have never seen this before.

Last edited by Zappo : 14th November 2009 at 01:16.
Old 14th November 2009, 02:20   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
* the way the wiper blades are put together. They move in opposite directions. I can think of at least one car here that has the same geometry for the wiper blades.
* the way the front turn indicator lamps are put up just below the windshield. I have never seen this before.
Great spotting, those turn indicators are indeed very elusive to spot.

Last edited by gomzi : 14th November 2009 at 02:23.
Old 14th November 2009, 17:03   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesxie View Post
....I am a teacher in chinese literature in senior high school.
Teaching is a noble profession and teachers shape the future of the nation. Welcome noble man.

There are lots of perceptions and conceptions about China. I am sure your presence here will help iron out any wrong perceptions and misconceptions.
Old 14th November 2009, 18:33   #21
BHPian

welcome to the forum, you got a nice looking chinese car.

hope you have a nice stay
Old 14th November 2009, 19:07   #22
BHPian

Ni Hao! charles! welcome to India(at least in the digital sense of it!) are you working with Hafei? i have visited quite a few places in china(shanghai, Beijing,Shenyang, hangzhou etc.) and i love the place!

i think shenyang girls are the most beautiful in China!!
Old 15th November 2009, 17:53   #23

Thank you for your warm welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
Welcome to the forum, Charles.

I read the thread name and thought, now this is the power of the 'net and ofcourse team-bhp

That's a cute car you have there, did you have to dig it out of the snow to take pics?

How is the car scene in China? Are small cars the majority like in India?

yeah, that was wierd! Maybe chinese and indians have more in common than we might think
It's amazing that we are connected here by cars. Seems like many people are curious about China with its long history, splendid culture, great martial arts, delicious food...
I am in shandong province,easten china,near the sea. shandong province is a quitely wealthy province compared to many other provinces especially those weastern provinces. we've got numerous cars in the street. There are numerous car brands here. I think most of the car brands are joint venture brands, i.e. Chinese company coorparate with foreign company
using their their technology. We've got numerous audi A6,honda accord, honda city,civic, BMW, peugeot,citroen,hyundai, volkswagen. they are the majority cars in china. sedan are the most popular type. not my car type,hatchback.
Old 15th November 2009, 20:14   #24
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Charlesxie, welcome to the forum !Your car looks cute & quite well maintained.

We have some thing cars of the similar specs like Maruti 800 & Alto.
Old 15th November 2009, 22:08   #25
Senior - BHPian

ni Hao! Charlie.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks