Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2009, 19:12   #1

This is Me

Hello Folks. Thought this would be a good time to introduce myself to the community. I was born in Bangalore and moved to America (Camerika as I called) when I was five years old. I have lived in New York ever since, first the suburbs , presently in Manhattan. I have a great sense of humor and a take no crap attitude. I am very creative and often don’t take no for an answer. I have mentally voted myself most likely to get banned from this site. Moderators, sorry in advance if my posts come out harsh but read them twice and you will see a bit of humor and wisdom embedded into them.

I work for a major Financial Institution here in New York and have taken an opportunity to move to Bangalore for the foreseeable future within the same company. I am really looking forward to the move as I feel the excitement around the growth in India and have long wanted to be a part of it.

With respect to automobiles, for as long as I can remember there has been something about cars which has drawn me to them perhaps it was the feeling of going fast.

Cars owned: Here are some pictures and descriptions of the interesting ones I have owned

1989 BMW 325ic AKA the Red Monster. This is the first car I purchased with my own money. I had some great times with this car and was a little too popular within the Indian community here in New York. Probably because my license plates read “CRZYDESI”. My parents often heard reports of where I was, who I was with and how I was driving from their friends as the plates are memorable to most desi pepole. I just recently sold this car and still smile when I think of the good times we had. The wealth of my technical knowledge is E30 related.

1989 M3 AKA “White Trash”; “The Mistress” . This car was an impulse buy. Although this car was tons of fun the two best days with this car were the day it was delivered and the day I sold it. If you are a BMW lover you know the history behind the E30 M3. What you don’t know is that M3 stands for “multiple of 3” everything costs three times more. This car lived in a garage and was taken out once in a while of which I ended up with tickets most of the time. I didn’t mod much on this car as it didn’t need much to be enjoyable.

Here is a video I put together on one of our spirited drives. We used to do this a few times every summer.

2006 330XI “Wanda” I had this car for a year and a half before I moved into the city. It was my first new car. This car was amazingly fast and a pleasure to drive. The technology in this car was impressive to say the least.

1972 2002 aka “Eggplant”. This was a 30th birthday gift from my wife and me to ME! I purchased this car in California and drove it cross country to Minnesota where it is sitting in storage. The drive was one of my most memorable driving trips to date. This car has too many modifications to list. The blue tape was to protect it from stone chips during our drive.

I would like to bring the ’02 with me to India but have yet to find proper and concise documentation regarding importing cars when they are classic cars. If you have personally imported a car into India or know someone who has and is willing to discuss it with me, I would greatly appreciate if you reach out to me so we can discuss. Appreciation can be paid in beers or dinner.
Attached Thumbnails
This is Me-backm3.jpg  

This is Me-frontbbq.jpg  

This is Me-n16400117_31542389_8898.jpg  

This is Me-n16400117_31542390_9150.jpg  

This is Me-n16400117_31604778_1743.jpg  

This is Me-n16400117_31897372_3539.jpg  

This is Me-n16400117_32315404_6839.jpg  

Old 17th October 2009, 19:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome

That is what i call an "Introduction" and a "Grand Entry"

Welcome to T-BHP and welcome back to India, Bangalore.

Are you planning to get your car to India or plan to buy a new one here ?

Hope to see you around both in the forum and roads of Bangalore.
Old 17th October 2009, 23:31   #3
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to the forum Avinaash. Looking forward to you adding value & finding friends, as we all have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinaash.b View Post
I have a great sense of humor and a take no crap attitude. I am very creative and often don’t take no for an answer. I have mentally voted myself most likely to get banned from this site. Moderators, sorry in advance if my posts come out harsh but read them twice and you will see a bit of humor and wisdom embedded into them.
Don't scare us man . You will find that we appreciate humor and wisdon, but do not allow personal attacks on fellow members. One quick look at the rules please before proceeding to the main forum. See ya around !
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks