Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2005, 17:52   #1
BHPian

Enlightened.... Thanx

Hi Friends,

I've come to know about TEAM-BHP while I was trying to know more about Opel Astra 1.6 and was searching all over. Could not find a decent website where I could get the real information which I wanted and needed to know..... the most.... thanx to all the intelligent, experienced and creative guys whoz reviews and comments I read from the threads on Opel Astra.... I'm really thankful guyz.... thanx for sharing your knowledge.

Coming to the point... I had a Matiz-2001 which I sold few days back.. and now I want to go for a bigger and better car... i mean not a small car again. The other day I've driven my uncle's Astra 1.6... it was simply amazing... and there was absolutely no fault in whatsoever.... it was made in 1998 and has run 65k... and giving about 8kmpl with A/C in the city(...as the driver said it).... he wants to dispose it off as he's not really using it.... and it's really affordable for me.... the moment I drove it I felt like lets take the car and if it really has a maintenance problem I could just forget the money I invested coz I'll have all kinds of comforts that I enjoy in the mean time.... I hardly drive about 500kms/month.... but what's bugging me is people around me are scaring me about it's maintenance and expensive spare parts and all that... and some say spares are not really available and all that.... and that's something that's really confusing me.

Most of my doubts are cleared with that other guy who was repeatedly asking about his astra which was done some 93k.... anyways, do you guys suggest me to go for it or shall I stick back to low maintenance car like 800 or zen.... please give me your suggestion asap b'coz I've to tel my uncle if I want to buy it by tomorrow morning....

thanx for reading this thru friends... soNy
Old 17th July 2005, 17:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

firstly welcome to t-bhp ...
do read the announcement section ....

how much is your uncle selling you the astra for ?
it's a good car ,smooth ride ,bit sluggish and well built ..germans are known for durability ...

spare parts could be a problem in near future but right now GM seems to be providing with the parts... alot depends on how the previous owner maintained your car (in this case your uncle) ...if he passes on a well maitained vehicle ..i dont see a reason why anything major should go wrong with it after you purchase it ...

Last edited by turbo_lover : 17th July 2005 at 18:00.
Old 17th July 2005, 18:06   #3
BHPian

he is expecting something around 1.6 lacs.... this car always had a driver and he was saying he gets it serviced and he never had any problem with it.... but people around me are scaring me you though.... I still want to go for it but the problem is if something goes wrong I'll not be able to afford another car for a long time.... I hope U understand my problem... and that's what is scaring me.... other than that I would definitely want to go for this one.... and that's my big confusion.
Old 17th July 2005, 20:53   #4
BHPian

welcome to team bhp.com sonycs..
Enjoy.
Suraj
Old 18th July 2005, 10:20   #5
Team-BHP Support

Hi Sonycs,

Points to think about-
1. How long (in years) do you plan to keep the astra for?
2. How many km do you think you will cover in that time period?
3. How much money do you think you will recover when you sell the car at the end of its term.

cya
R
Old 18th July 2005, 10:26   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to T-BHP and enjoy your stay here.
The price he is asking is a bit high.
Get the car checked by a mechanic once before you decide on it however.
Old 18th July 2005, 10:56   #7
Senior - BHPian

hey dude
welcome to tbhp.

if the car doesnt have any problems and is well maintained then its fine because getting spares me turn out to be a problem in the future.and it also depends on how long you are going to be using the car for.

Rev
Old 18th July 2005, 22:20   #8
BHPian

Got it.....

Hi GUyz! Thanx for the info. and support. I got the deal settled for 1.4 lakhs.... if I take it tomorrow.... I'll post the pics by tomorrow night.

I'm planning to use it for 11/2 to 2 years max. and I might clock around 80k kms on the odo. and then I'll see what to do.... so, that's my plan....
Old 19th July 2005, 02:06   #9
BANNED

1.40 is a bit expensive for this vehicle...as most of the astra's are sold for around 1 lakh...anywayz very comfortable car...good gears and interiors...i own a sail..opel car...and the interiors are the same...very smoooth car and even fast...
Old 20th July 2005, 01:31   #10
BHPian

Lot of people said that same..... But the cost also depends on the quality of the car not ust the year of manf..... and I'm damn sure that the car I got is definitely worth it coz there isn't even a single scratch.... engine is very good... suspension has no problem for atleast 15k if I drive it good(which I'm going to...).... and most importantly what would I get for that money....a 800 or zen.... Huh! I'll never drive in them..... they are too small for me..... I never enjoyed being in any of the small cars...... may be it's my personal opinion.... but for my budget what I got is satisfying me more than anything else..... car is scratchless..... it's just too good... so I've invested more... thanx anyways dude...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed