Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2009, 15:21   #1
BHPian

Hi There

Hi,

Iam Raghu, IT Manager by Profession , Keralite by birth , Living in the Garden City , Bengaluru for the last 15Yrs..Married. did my graduation in Kerala.

From childhood it was bikes all the way, started long journey in my bikes from College Times, First trip was to Bangalore, which was more of a dream and challenge at that time, since no one has dared something like this at my times.. then Ooty,Mysore,Madikeri so on...

First bike was a Bajaj Kawasaki RTZ , was with me till a few years back till someone stole it from the Parking lot!!! did my most of the Journeys in that , after that i became a proud owner of a Fiero !!

Next Hobby was Travel , so both went fine covered most of south India in 2 and 4 Wheelers.

Now owns a 2 Cars and 2 Bikes. Learned 4 wheeler in a Armada, from there drove almost all of the Indian Varity Car and Bikes. now looking to upgrade the Bike to a SBK and a SUV....

Memorable Moment.. Driving a Suzuki GSX 750 on a Mumbai-Pune Highway !!! really looking forward to own one of them !!

Thanks and Cheers....

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd September 2009 at 14:53. Reason: Please only use spaces after punctuation marks, not before. See the "Posting Etiquette" thread in Announcements. Thanks.
Old 22nd September 2009, 19:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to TBHP , So which 2 cars and bikes do you own currently?

Enjoy your stay here.Cheers.
Old 22nd September 2009, 19:58   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome, Maashe!
Interested ride that must have been, all the way from Kerala to B'lore. Where in Kerala are you from?
Any pics from the ride on the GSX?

Enjoy your stay here on TBHP!
Old 22nd September 2009, 20:16   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hello Reghu,

Welcome to the TBHP

Brother can you please elaborate the following

Quote:
Originally Posted by vraghuz View Post
Hi,

From childhood it was bikes all the way, started long journey in my bikes from College Times, First trip was to Bangalore, which was more of a dream and challenge at that time, since no one has dared something like this at my times.. then Ooty,Mysore,Madikeri so on...
What is "my times" and which part of Kerala did you graduate from.

What has "no one dared"

After getting your clarification I shall revert.

I am a Keralite. Have been biking since 1976. By 1980 I knew most of the interstate high ways in South like the palm of my hand. Particularly the Kerala-Karnataka (TVM to Bangalore) through well established and not so well established routes were my favourites. Hence, the above request and would be obliged for your kind clarification/s.

Welcome once more

Best Regards

Ride/Drive Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 22nd September 2009 at 20:23.
Old 23rd September 2009, 14:31   #5
BHPian

Whoaa !! thanks a lot all for the reply , never expected a warm welcome like this.

Harish , I have a WagonR and a Ford IKON Flair now.

Nitin, Iam from Alleppey , Yes, it was a Challenging one since we did not know what to expect !!

The GSX Ride happened quite unexpected !! i literally had to push my biker friend into my car and borrow his GSX to do it, lol so no pics bro.

Ram , Iam Talking about mid 80's let's say 85 onwards , it was the college days and i never heard anyone dared or anyone doing the Biking so far at that times.

Regds
Raghu.
Old 23rd September 2009, 16:57   #6
BHPian

Hello Ram,

i think i owe you a detailed explaination hence this writeup , my college days started at 85 ownwards when the 100cc market exploded in India with the arrival of KB100, RX100,AX100, so on.. till then it was Bajaj,Rajdoot,Yezdi,Enfield who was ruling the roads.

Owning a 100cc bike at that time was a distant dream for any college going Guy at that time , travelling from Alleppey to Palghat in the bike was a strict no no in my times.

Bangalore was always a dream city at that time , still is ... so decided to start my First journey to Bangalore. i do not know anyone in my age was doing this at that time , as far as i know who ever i asked to join me in my Trip looked at me like i was a complete NUT !!

Hope this helps...

Cheers.
Raghu.
Old 27th September 2009, 13:44   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vraghuz View Post
Hello Ram,

i think i owe you a detailed explaination hence this writeup ,
Cheers.
Raghu.
Reghu,

I note from your posts that you are from Alleppey - Knowing Alleppey and many motorcycle enthusiasts from there - and your statements does not fit in with the facts.

Young men from Kerala have been in the biking circuit well before 1985. With whatever bikes were available to them. Interstate travels on bikes were much more common then when the highways in Keral were still "highways" (not the commuter roads they are today - most of NH 47 and NH 17 are commuter roads now as most of Kerala has evolved as a continuing aglomoration of Cities interspread with towns).

So I would state that your statement in question ("my times" & " no one dared") borders almost on immodesty and far from facts.

In 1982 I used to travel once in 2 weeks from Trivandrum to Palgaht (5 - 5.5 hrs ridding time one way - 365 kms) on my Yezdi for almost two years (I am a native of TVM but used to have official work in Palghat District regularly).

Any way as is said, each man unto himself. Enjoy your stay here contribute and enjoy the community.

Best regards & Ride/Drive safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 27th September 2009 at 13:48.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks