Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2009, 14:15   #1
BHPian

Glad to be part of the team

Hello Everyone,

Like some of you, I have been a silent guest of this forum for quite some time and have been eagerly imbibing all the knowledge available here.

I finally decided to take the plunge and become a full fledged member and stop 'lurking'! It sure feels nice to be part of such an awesome community.

I guess a quick introduction is in order:

I work in a software company in Pune and am in my mid 30s. Apart from vehicles, I like books and travelling.

I am planning to buy a car soon and will be eagerly visiting the Team-BHP Advice, The Indian Car Scene and Team-BHP Reviews section.

Once again, its great to be here
Old 31st July 2009, 14:56   #2
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Welcome shreeps!

T-BHP is the place to be not only for a car geek but also for a traveller.

BTW, What car do you have in mind/shortlisted?
Old 3rd August 2009, 10:47   #3
BHPian

Well, looking for 2 cars actually. A hatchback for my Dad (mostly city use) and a sedan for myself.
For the hatchback, dad has already booked the Maruti-Suzuki Ritz.
I am still considering my options for the sedan. Two on top of my list currently are the Linea and the SX4.
Old 3rd August 2009, 23:43   #4
BHPian

Hello shreeps.

just wondering why arent u looking at honda city or ford fiesta?
Old 4th August 2009, 11:50   #5
BHPian

@rihan:
I like the honda city but the top end model (which I want since it offers features I am looking for) is a cool 1-1.5 lakh more than a comparable SX4 or Linea model. So I get more features for my money with SX4 or Linea. Also there is just one Honda dealer in Pune where I live and with no competition around he's not very customer oriented.

No offence, but I am a bit wary about Ford's economic condition, after sales service, cost of spares and am not too happy with the lack of authorized dealers and service stations which means I have to waste a lot of time when the time comes to get the car serviced.

This basically means, I am left with Maruti, Fiat-tata or Hyundai.

I dont like the looks of verna so that rules out Hyundai.
Old 5th August 2009, 01:08   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps View Post
@rihan:
No offence, but I am a bit wary about Ford's economic condition, after sales service, cost of spares and am not too happy with the lack of authorized dealers and service stations which means I have to waste a lot of time when the time comes to get the car serviced.

This basically means, I am left with Maruti, Fiat-tata or Hyundai.

I dont like the looks of verna so that rules out Hyundai.
Hey shreeps, welcome to t-bhp!! am a newbie around here myself but if you ask me, id suggest you go with the Linea over the SX4! both are about the same price (top end versions, petrol) with similar features, infact linea's emotion pack also comes with Blue & Me which is a handy software!! besides, Linea is just a class apart!! it's a beauty!! Check out the ever growing list of Linea threads on the Ownership section!

About A.S.S, Tata's are'nt too bad either! Obviously not as good as Maruti but i guess this entirely depends on the dealership/service center you opt for! But ofcource, FIAT's are built to last long, really long!!
Old 5th August 2009, 12:25   #7
BHPian

Thanks Raamki for your advice. The Linea sure is worth drooling over.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks