Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2009, 16:24   #1

Proud to be here!

Hello all,

I am Shobhit (25), and am presently based in Bangalore. I hail from Lucknow.
I have been hooked onto engines since I was little. The first driving experience I had was of a very old (1954) Ford Tractor that has been in my family. Subsequently I have driven to atleast a few thousand kilometers a Mahindra Jeep (1986 make), Fiat Padmini Premier (1990 make), Maruti Gypsy (1991), Maruti 800(1993 make), Maruti Alto Lx (1997 make), Maruti Wagon R (2006 make). All these vehicles were within my family and I have driven them in variety of road, traffic and climate conditions. Churned out to be a decent driver, I was !

I relocated to Bangalore 3 years back, and am running a startup here with partners/friends and enjoying every bit of it. We are into Defence and Space Avionics. Presently I drive around a Safari 2.2 DICOR (company owned) and a 4X 4 Maruti Gypsy (very close friend who is more in Delhi than Bangalore), and my ever reliable Bajaj Avenger 200 (been to 3 roadtrips on my Avy averaging 700 km each, and all done in continuous downpur ). I am an avid food hunter and one of the primary motivations for my trips is to try out variety of food ! Best till date "Kodagu Pork" at Bhagmandala.

Waited quite some time to know/understand the community here before introducing me formally! Would love to contribute as anad when I can.

Last edited by shobhit : 23rd July 2009 at 16:37.
Old 23rd July 2009, 18:45   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome Shobhit! I read your Vista versus Ritz review earlier today. Well written.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobhit View Post
The first driving experience I had was of a very old (1954) Ford Tractor that has been in my family.
You just had to love cars if the first thing you drove was a '54 tractor, wot?

Quote:
and am running a startup here with partners/friends and enjoying every bit of it.
Oh I bet! Being an entrepreneur comes with its own exciting moments.
Old 23rd July 2009, 20:12   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

You just had to love cars if the first thing you drove was a '54 tractor, wot?

It is a fine piece of machinery! My cousin still keeps it at our farm, and I have been told it has not been serviced for last 15 years, and still starts on a single keystroke. And, I must mention, it is indeed a delight to rampage through fields and canals without any fear of getting stuck or machine breaking down. I still remember the exhilaration I felt whenever I have driven it. It is not used for any purpose these days apart from sheer fun race through absolutely arduous fields !
Old 24th July 2009, 16:28   #4
BHPian

Welcome to Team BHP Shobhit - I'm from Lucknow too (though currently based at Hyderabad) & also Drive a 2.2 Safari Dicor!
Old 24th July 2009, 16:44   #5
BHPian

Welcome Shobhit to Team-BHP. You seem to be involved in driving from very early age and you seem to have fascination for monsters.

Am sure that you are aware of the OTR this weekend. Check the forum for details.

Drive safe and have fun.
Old 24th July 2009, 16:51   #6
BHPian

Welcome on board, Shobhit!
You hail from Lucknow, my inlaws used to stay there. That also reminds me of JOHN HING Chinese outlet at Hazratganj. I like their Lip smacking dishes.
Old 24th July 2009, 22:40   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Welcome on board, Shobhit!
You hail from Lucknow, my inlaws used to stay there. That also reminds me of JOHN HING Chinese outlet at Hazratganj. I like their Lip smacking dishes.
A good place that is for Chinese ! But I miss most is "Tunde Kebabs" !
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks