Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2009, 14:40   #1
BHPian

Finally I am in

Hi, After a rather long wait, I am finally here. I have been browsing this site for a almost more than a year but did not create a login id for myself (Yes, and I do sport the team-bhp stickers on my cars as well)
To introduce myself, I work for a semiconductor major in Bangalore, techie by profession, and love long drives. (Just last weekend drove down 180 kms up and down to have Chennai style dosas)
My cars and bikes:
Yamaha RXG 1997 - Still have it and will never let it go
Maruti Zen LX 2000: (bought in 2004, gone by this month end, do not want to let it go but cannot maintain 3 cars)
Ford Fiesta 1.4 EXI P - 2006 (Comfortable drive to work)
Mahindra Scorpio VLX - Expected to be with me by this month end (SBI willing)

Would like to thank team-bhp, since I managed to get a cool 15K off on my insurance (carried forward the NCB from old car) on my new scorpio
And almost any question that came to my mind was answered in utmost detail here.

Looking forward towards posting some new pictures of my car when I have it delivered.
Old 17th July 2009, 01:43   #2
Team-BHP Support

Hey,

Welcome aboard amanmalhotra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanmalhotra View Post
And almost any question that came to my mind was answered in utmost detail here.....
Glad to hear that you had all your questions answered without even having to post them

cya around,
R
Old 17th July 2009, 06:22   #3
BHPian

Welcome aboard Aman ; I am a budding Scorp buyer too. Will be looking forward to a detailed write-up about your experiences, reasons for selection , preference over competition and finally a road trip with LOTS of pictures. Since you already know how helpful it all is , I wont bother explaining
Old 19th July 2009, 18:21   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome Aman. I have a feeling that the person who referred you to Team-BHP, from your semi-conductor employer, is also the one behind Team-BHP's NCB awareness! Good choice in the Scorpio.

We'd appreciate your taking a quick pitstop by our forum policies section, just once, for familiarisation. This community's members can get extremely picky about the board rules
Old 20th July 2009, 00:52   #5
BHPian

Thanks GTO, yes - you are right
I did read the rules , hopefully would be able to abide by them as well.

Takumi-San, I will post a detailed writeup on the experiences, reasons to buy Scorpio etc etc once I have the car delivered. If everything goes as per plan, should have my new set of wheels by end of this month.
Old 20th July 2009, 10:01   #6
BHPian

Welcome amanmalhotra. Even I used to browse through the forums without becoming a member. Please post some pics of your brand new Scropio once you take the delivery. Welcome aboard.
Old 20th July 2009, 11:00   #7
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard Aman!
I'm also looking forward to the pics of your Scorpio.

Cheers,
gpa
Old 20th July 2009, 11:08   #8
BHPian

Welcome aman..

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanmalhotra View Post
(Just last weekend drove down 180 kms up and down to have Chennai style dosas)
for most of them it is other way, since dosas are famous in this part... n masala dosa did orginate from Uttarkannada Udupi.. just an info..
Old 20th July 2009, 11:12   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bangalore View Post
Welcome aman..

for most of them it is other way, since dosas are famous in this part... n masala dosa did orginate from Uttarkannada Udupi.. just an info..
I was born in North of India, and moved down to Chennai as a kid (that was 16 years back), so kind of developed a taste for Chennai style food. Moved to Bangalore 9 years back, so kind of miss the Chennai stuff :(
Old 20th July 2009, 11:36   #10
BHPian

Hi Aman welcome to Team-BHP. Have a blast!!
Old 20th July 2009, 12:54   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bangalore View Post
Welcome aman..

Hi Udupi is not in Uttra Kannada. It used to be in Dakshina Kannada district. Now Udupi itself is a district. Uttara Kannada is another name for Kawar district

Hi Aman, Welcome to T-BHP. Keep enjoying your dosas as well as long drives. keep posting your experiences of both.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks