Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2008, 19:47   #1
BHPian

Glad to be here

Hello Everybody.

First of all I would like to thank Team-BHP for accepting me as one of their members. I am privileged to be among such people whom I have started to look up with reverence in the last one year that I am familiar with this site.
And a very big thanks to 1100D for introducing me to this wonderful e-world of automobiles.

I was born in Kolkata back in 1977, which makes me in my early 30’s. Part of my childhood was spent in Tripoli, Libya, where my father was posted till 1983. He is an Electrical Engineer, a Bengal Engineering College alumni and working with a reputed engineering consultancy firm in Kolkata.
I myself had graduated in 1999 from Bengal Engineering College, Shibpore as an Electrical Engineer and then ushered into the world of ‘Software Consultancy’. I am not much of a techie person in terms of my work. But I tend to like/love whatever I do, without having much high expectations which keeps me happy. And my job allows me to travel.

As for automobiles, again, I have a basic understanding of the mechanical principles that keep the car moving. My initiation to the world of cars was through my father in his Fiat (1969, 1100 as far as I remember, have to check with him once more) which had front suicide doors. When the garage could no longer keep the car running, my father himself took up the job and at some point of time every disengage-able component under the hood had been on our dining table. However, the time, effort and the expenses got the better of him and I never graduated beyond the steering column gear lever and maneuvering by-lanes. That was more than one and a half decade back.

Later on during the beginning of my working life 1100D had put in a lot of futile efforts and risked his beloved Rampiari to get me to drive, but though I managed to wobble through through the then sector V traffic (read meager), I somehow always managed to stall in front of the office gate, at lunch time, with everyone gaping at my inefficiency. I gave up.

Though I never gained the confidence to floor the pedal, I still enjoy being a co-passenger providing the drivers (currently my brother) with vital driving tips (if they would care to listen). Spirited, but safe driving is always welcome.

Now if you can’t still make out, I am a lady. My apologies to the ladies in the forum, the guys will have a very good example to drive their point home.

As for my other interests, I love to travel. If not visiting places on my own, I am doing so virtually on the net. Photographic opportunities are a must on my traveling itinerary.

I am glad to be part of the Team-BHP family and I hope to gain a lot in this amazing community. I hope to contribute whatever I may within my limited domain knowledge, but please bear with me if you think I am talking rubbish (I know the moderators will be ready with their scissors till my first 50 posts, if I ever make the mark)!

Thanks Again,
Lumina

Last edited by aah78 : 30th September 2008 at 19:59. Reason: Text format tags removed.
Old 30th September 2008, 20:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

Yeah but why of all things "Lumina"? (Unless you have recent fascination for the middle east)

Last edited by 1100D : 30th September 2008 at 20:11.
Old 30th September 2008, 20:24   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Yeah but why of all things "Lumina"? (Unless you have recent fascination for the middle east)
Just trying to put in a measure for the component which makes everyone's 'day' and mine as well but in a different way - 'LIGHT' to activate the chemicals/pixels. It's more of physics rather than the middle-east.
Old 1st October 2008, 01:08   #4
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful intro there Lumina! Took me a while to figure out why you driving so difficult until you declared it yourself!

Welcome to the forum & have fun!!
Old 1st October 2008, 02:14   #5
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard Lumina! (when i first saw the thread i though "Hmm, this guy has chosen a very feminine sounding ID! )

An interesting intro and skillset there.

cya around,
R
Old 1st October 2008, 06:57   #6
BANNED

Hi, hello and welcome to Team-bhp.
A very interesting piece of intro there. Really liked reading thru.

Enjoy your drive thru this wonderful forum.
Old 6th October 2008, 08:35   #7
Team-BHP Support

A very nice intro. Welcome to the forum and hope you have a nice stay here. So 1100D could not teach you driving!! seems that good players are not necessarily good coaches...
Old 6th October 2008, 08:47   #8
Team-BHP Support

Welcome Lumina, until you explained it, I thought you got the name from Chevy Lumina.
Old 7th October 2008, 15:51   #9
Senior - BHPian

Had to read twice with better perspective. Along with physics, middle-east and Chevy the name is also linked with anatomy as well as botany. Welcome Lumina, hope you do lot of projections on team-bhp.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks