Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2008, 23:17   #1
BHPian

The Right Stuff

Hi,

I'm logging in from Bangalore. The title of my post sums up my feelings about this site and it's members. This site has successfully managed to create an addictive mix of loads of information coupled with a welcoming sense of camaraderie unlike anywhere else. Kudos to all concerned!

I'm not a hardcore automotive buff. I drive my car only once a month! But that once-a-month drive is one such a Helloffa drive that I was desperately in need of some serious help and advice. At last my search has ended.

Regards,

"MudMover"
Old 3rd June 2008, 12:43   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to the team, Mudmover and thank you for the compliments to our community. You live close to work or prefer public transport? I do hope someone else takes the Estilo out for a spin....cars don't take well to standing in one place for long.

Do take a quick detour to our board rules section too. See you around the forum!
Old 3rd June 2008, 18:44   #3
BHPian

Yes, I use the company cab to get to office everyday and during weekends, use my faithful scooter to get around in the chaotic traffic here.

But once every month during weekends, I travel to my in-law's who stay in a place called Nilambur (near Calicut) about 300kms from Bangalore. It's a 6 and a half hour journey on a route which has every kind of road surface imaginable -- expressways, village roads, forest roads and Ghat roads.

I have used the route as a test laboratory to test a variety of equipments and fitments -- cellphones, GPS navigation, alloy wheels and tubeless tyres. Luckily, since my wife was away having a baby I had a free hand (and a full purse!) to engage in my whims and fancies!

All said and done the Zen Estillo is a sad joke when compared to the old Zen. The performance and handling on long trips leaves much to be desired. Still, I haven't given up -- I still have to set up a K&N filter, free-flow system and strut braces. The rest is fate.

I'm planning to put up pics of my Bangalore-Nilambur trips under a separate thread. Will do it once I learn the ropes (read rules).

P.S:The Estillo was a wedding gift.
Old 3rd June 2008, 19:48   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Well, do try to take the Estilo out for a spin atleast once / twice a week. Stretching her legs once a month is not going to do her any good.

Quote:
P.S:The Estillo was a wedding gift.
They really don't like you, huh?
Old 3rd June 2008, 20:14   #5
Senior - BHPian

Welcome..

Second GTO about the estillo
Closed Thread

Most Viewed