Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2007, 18:12   #1
BHPian

Hello Everyone

Hi, I am shatrughna from Navi Mumbai... and very fond of automobiles as everyone on this forum registered or not! I have been visiting this site since, last couple of months - almost checking every 10 minutes a few days for some updates on the the latest updates on much awaited launches starting from new scorpio eagle( still awaited), optra magnum( launched), new elantra( awaited), feedback on civic , safari 2.2 and hyundai PA ( auto) mostly on the Indian car scene - links.

well I am really impressed with the kind of updates seen here like nowhere else( i have visited almost all automobile info related blogs, forums and news site in the last 5 years), free knowledge sharing and above all the ease of use and search platforms and best part is most updated info on almost all indian mobiles..non commerical that is...and scoops... wow.

Have been psotponing registration / joining cause I was not sure about whether n hw much I ll be able to contribute..but after following up religiously on 2.2 safari here as well as in the showrooms, I assessed I was not too far behind many of the hoghly active contributors and also because sometimes I wanted to ask some questions/ reply -suggestions, which required registration.

I consider myself pretty updated on Indian car scene as I keep gathering info from the net, news sites, and auto mags as I luuuuuuuuuuuv it. and I am sure this is the best forum because of its members and i would luv to join here.

I have used Yam RX100, RE 350, a Chetak too , then graduated to M800, then Wagon R, then Indica V2, currently using Viva CRDi and looking for upgrading. Have test driven all budget cars here accord V6 and below and will be happy to share info with any user on issues related with resale, finance, performance, care , servicing, etc. In our locality Toyota and GM are not there and hence, may not be able to update anything on their product lineup. though I am pretty sure everyone here is pretty crude up on all these issues and hope to gain some more inputs from other members here.

mods, plz delete unnecessary info, in case, this doesnt conform to your idea of an introduction. thanks..
Old 10th October 2007, 01:38   #2
Awaiting Email Confirmation

hey dude ! its great that youre enthusiastic about the forum! keep reaDING and posting all that you can about your experiences! And enjoy your stay!oh by the way what are you planning to upgrade to?
Old 10th October 2007, 10:46   #3
BHPian

Hi! thanks nitroxx and thats a casper you got on your logo or ghostbuster!! I am really so confused because of my company's policy on cars for my grade and my eligibility and also because its year end closing not very far once I decide and get the delivery..
I was seriously considering Captiva ( top version with 18", sun roof, cruise control and 5 speed AT...diesel.. these are the things I am waiting for and desire apart from the normal goodies.. ) only thing it lacks is a bi xenon I guess...but then its still awaited. My daily commute is min 70 kms plus weekend and vacation trips...whichever side the signals are greener!! and hence need for speed and economy.. dont intend to keep the vehicle more than 3- 4, years so resale value also matters ..and so u see so much of confusion... as none of the cars match my specs... Laura is there but very underpowered and skoda.. cost of service and maintenance ..too high..so I am still thinking.. verna crdi sx abs( doesnt have auto tranny), civic s- AT, sonata crdi AT( resale value??)... and also the lure for SUV kinda veh. scorpio..safari? if captiva was launched wouldnt think, i ll just buy it but then patience is getting over). So currently weighing options 1) wait for captiva. 2) buy auto PA ( for office commute) & safari 2.2 ( or wait for scorpio AT ) 3) Hyundai PA & safari or scorpio ( 2.2). 4) city cvt & 2.2 any.... really tough choice... 5) Laura or wait for Laura RS !!
what would you suggest would be an ideal choice or combination in the budget ? You can see all combis are in the range max Rs. 2 mn. I have searched all forums and been not able to find an answer. But ideally vehicle must do at least 200+ kmph an hr which are not available in combinations ( civic comes close and so does accord and sonata). I wouldnt like to settle down with something less peppy than accent CRDi. So wait till I weigh pros and cons.. Thanks.
Old 10th October 2007, 19:19   #4
Awaiting Email Confirmation

go skoda cost of maintenance dont worry I'll help you out whenever you want..it'll be like managing an accord.
Old 10th October 2007, 21:25   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey bro,
welcome aboard.
I think the Sonata CRDi or the Skoda Laura DSG should fit your requirements.
Even the Optra Magnum with a Pete's box should do the trick.
Old 11th October 2007, 11:42   #6
BHPian

Wow Nitroxx and Lamborghini!! thanks dear. thats so encouraging. after reading your inputs, I got touch with JMD guys in Mumbai and been suggested to wait till Dec for better deal. whats your advice? ( for Laura- fully loaded with DSG one- thats one thing I like the most).
thanks again.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks