Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2024, 12:35   #1

Hello Team-BHP

Hello, fellow BHPians, I hope you're having a good day. And if not, I hope you do henceforth.

Teambhp has been very insightful to me in the past, helping me with most of my vehicle/trip-related queries through countless forums, discussions, and insights.

This being my first post to teambhp, here's some history about me:
Born and raised Bengaluru. I've owned a RE Classic 350 from March 2017 to Feb 2024, clocking ~49,500 kms. During these 7 years (or 6 years, 11 months, and 14 days if you're nitpicky), I've covered destinations such as Chikkamagaluru, Sakleshpura, Kalasa, Kudremukha, Mangaluru, Padubidri, and many local places around B'luru such as Devarayandurga, Nandi Hills, Kolar, Ambajidurga, and many more.

Oct 2023, I borrowed a friend's Hero Xpulse, and 8 of us rode to Kodaikanal. A 3-day 1,000 km exposure to the motorcycle was all I needed to know about the machine.

On Feb 2024, I purchased a Hero XPulse Pro, since when I've covered Madikeri, Mangaluru, Udupi, Gokarna, Goa (Palolem & Agonda), and Ooty.

My long-term plan (if you can call it that) is to document my rides, teach and learn from fellow riders, build a knowledgebase of destinations, routes, tips, tricks, whatever you might call it, and be a positive impact, no matter how small, in this growing community.

Last edited by GTO : 25th September 2024 at 19:07. Reason: PM coming up, welcome to Team-BHP!
lonleyhelmet is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th September 2024, 11:21   #2
BHPian

Re: Hello Team-BHP

Hello lonleyhelmet, welcome to Team-BHP!

I remember going to Nandi Hills when I was in Bengaluru on a work trip years ago. I rented a KTM 390 Duke with the hope of enjoying the roads and curves up the hill but that didn't happen as I was greeted with dense traffic! But yeah, the view from the top was pretty amazing.

Hello Team-BHP-dsc_0148.jpg

Hello Team-BHP-dsc_0138.jpg

Oh, I am familiar with the feeling of riding a friend's Hero Xpulse and ended up buying it I got the 4V version and slapped on the rally kit recently. I tip-toe everywhere but it's super fun! I also got the custom main stand from Raj Autospares for the rally kit and it is quite helpful.

Once again, welcome to Team-BHP, lonleyhelmet. I am looking forward to your posts about your travels on the Classic 350 as well as the Xpulse 200.

Cheers,
Utkarsh
UtkarshC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2024, 12:09   #3
BHPian

Hey Lonleyhelmet, Welcome to TBhp. Your handle grabbed my attention and being a lonley (pun intended) helmet myself, I just thought to say "Hi".

I ride a KTM Duke 390 and an Yamaha Aerox is my new addition for long distance rides. I am a senior citizen and hence the transition to a comfortable gearless scooter from the earlier hooligan. I also have a Dio, An Activa and a TVS scooty for market / grocery rides. On the horizon is the electric scooter "Simple One" from Simple Energy.

Hero XPulse Pro seems to be an exciting motorcycle. Perhaps will choose between Himalayan 450 & Hero XPulse Pro in coming days.

Once again, welcome to the forum and ride safe
Ashok, Goa

Last edited by ashkamath : 26th September 2024 at 12:10.
ashkamath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2024, 14:21   #4

Hey Utkarsh. I dont think I'll dive deep into my 350 riding days, but I'm surely looking forward to documenting most, if not all of my future Xpulse 200 rides.

Last edited by Axe77 : 26th September 2024 at 23:20. Reason: Caps please, where needed.
Old 26th September 2024, 22:34   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonleyhelmet View Post
Oct 2023, I borrowed a friend's Hero Xpulse, and 8 of us rode to Kodaikanal. A 3-day 1,000 km exposure to the motorcycle was all I needed to know about the machine.

On Feb 2024, I purchased a Hero XPulse Pro.
Another XPulse Pro owner eh? Welcome to TeamBHP.

I had a similar experience to you. On 31st December 2023 me and a few friends took an off roading filled day trip to Sangama via Kanakapura and that's how I fell in love with a rented XPulse 2V which prompted me to reject all other options and book a XPulse Pro of my own once I got back to Mumbai.

Hopefully you don't face engine and mileage issues like I did with the bike..

Here's my machine, in its natural habitat.
Hello Team-BHP-img_20240924_091846.jpg
GreasyCarb55 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks