Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2024, 15:22   #1

Long-term reader, now a member

I have been a long-term reader of Team-BHP but never really felt like registering because everyone here seemed to be much more knowledgeable than me and I was always able to find answers to be questions on the forum without having to ask them - until now.

I was looking to buy a new car and couldn't decide even after taking many TD and getting really competitive quotes from nearly all the showrooms I visited (I was hesitant in finalizing but they thought I was bargaining).

My biggest hesitation was that if I am spending upwards of 80L on an ICE, I did not want to take a huge hit on it's resale value if EV truly becomes the future. I also looked at pretty much every EV within my budget including the low-end EVs to see and feel the difference between a Nexon and the EV6.

I thought I would ask here but then I just went ahead with a pre-worshipped 2021-2023 GLA, saving some money (I was initially looking at the E200, Q5, Q7) and reducing my worries on the resale value.

Very happy with my purchase now as I got a great deal with under 10k on the ODO.

People usually take their new rides on road trips, but I decided on first taking my old i20 Elite on its last (maybe, maybe not) road trip before it becomes my city car.

The GLA's first road trip should come up sometime in September.
hellblack is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th August 2024, 16:48   #2
BHPian

Re: Long-term reader, now a member

Welcome. GLA is a great car & top of that you got the great deal. Waiting for the september report.
Old 30th August 2024, 12:46   #3
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Re: Long-term reader, now a member

Hello @hellback. Even i have been a long term reader of this forum since past 10 years or so and finally after 2-3 attempts managed to get on this forum as active member.

Dont worry about the resale value of your ICE car, as there are reports coming in that EV are not retaining their value and in 3-4 years end up losing 50-60 % of its value.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks