Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2024, 16:11   #1

A new beginning!

Hello Everyone,

Let me give a quick introduction about myself!
I have been an avid reader of the forum for over a decade but could never muster the courage to become a member since I am an introvert. Finally, the time has come for me to quit being a silent (read guilty) consumer of the valuable content shared here, and join the forum.
I am an IT guy born and brought up in Namma Bengaluru. I wanted to become an Automobile Engineer but had to pick Computer Science because of a few reasons (story for another day maybe). I might not be an Automobile Engineer but my love for automobiles always shines bright. Coming from a humble background, my parents don't know how to ride/drive and never owned any vehicles because of the responsibilities they had. Me being a single child, they went beyond their capability to make sure I got quality education so that I can stand on my own feet, for which I am immensely grateful. To add to that, my wife who looks at vehicles just as a mode of transportation, has been supportive of my automobile craze.

Here's a list of my current vehicles, in the order that they entered my life:
1. Yamaha R15 V2 (Streaking Cyan - Special Edition) March 2016
2. Honda Dio (Matte Grey) March 2020
3. Hyundai Venue (Polar White - SX Turbo Manual) February 2021
4. Honda Dio (Red - 2017 model) August 2022 (This is my wife's scooter but I care for it more than she does)
5. Maruti 800 (White - 2004 model, 4 Speed MPFI Manual) October 2023
6. Kawasaki Ninja 300 (Lime Green - KRT Edition) January 2024
7. Yamaha RX 100 (Silver) April 2024

Two special mentions:
1. Bajaj Pulsar 180 (Ebony Black - 2009 model) March 2012 - August 2014
2. Bajaj Pulsar 180 (Ebony with Silver Graphics - 2014 model) September 2014 - March 2016

I wish to post ownership reviews and the story behind each of my current vehicles, in the due course of time.
Apart from automobiles, I've recently got bitten by the travel bug. I have got a companion who nudges me out of my shell and takes me with her to explore different places/countries.

I'd like to thank the moderators for approving my membership request and onboarding me to this esteemed forum. Looking forward to contribute to the forum, and interact with all of you fellow BHPians.
TheStalwart is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th August 2024, 09:38   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: A new beginning!

Hi TheStalwart,

Welcome to Team-BHP!

That's quite a long list of vehicles you have in your garage. I had a gen-1 Honda Dio when I was in college. Loved the styling and riding position and always wished Honda would introduce a telescopic fork.

Looking forward to your ownership reports, especially of the Yamaha RX 100.

Cheers!
TusharK
TusharK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2024, 16:17   #3

Re: A new beginning!

Hi TusharK,

Thank you for the warm welcome and kind words. The gen-1 Dio was my favourite too. Was too young to get one at that point.
And yes, I will be posting ownership reviews for each of the vehicles in my garage. Hope I don't keep you waiting for too long.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks