Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2024, 13:08   #1

First post | To wonder & wander

My itch for being on the move has transcended the medium of travel - motorized or not. Not sure if that underqualifies me to be a 'motorhead'. After the initial excitement of having been approved by teambhp(thanks much, moderators) been procrastinating a first post for many months! This gets me excited to reminiscence the journey so far.

I have such vivid memories of the ride to my first school on dad's RE bullet(1987 buy). And equally loved the window side ride on the schoolvan - a green Matador(307, I think). And the twice a year nauseatic road-trips in our Mahindra Jeep from the Kodai hills to the paddy fields in Kerala and back. And long train rides to Bombay. These travel memories override anything else I've experienced or recollect from childhood!

As an grown-up my first purchase was a bicycle for weekend escapades on the ECR(East Coast Road) stretch in Chennai. Caught the hitchiking bug for a few years. The best rides have been in the company of truck drivers and lounging behind pickup vans through rural hinterlands and the west coast. And some long stretches of walking without a ride in sight.

Learnt to ride a bike for work only after 25. First owned two-wheeler is a TVS Jupiter(2014) that's seen a 600 kilometer single-day ride and umpteen 300+ trips across Kerala-TamilNadu over the years. Has given me company for 55k kms so far. Though currently it's limited to walkable-distance grocery store rides

Started driving a car at 30, after my first child was born. A borrowed 2005-model Swift which we drove around for 30,000 kilometers, including multiple 1000km family road-trips, before switching to a new Nissan Magnite(since Nov. 2023).

Hoping to keep the momentum by posting some snippets from the memorable travels done so far, even as I dream of the wanderings to come

wondering & wandering,
Anoop Erakkil

Last edited by moralfibre : 13th August 2024 at 08:36. Reason: Only two smileys permitted per post.
beyond4edges is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 12:49   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: First post | To wonder & wander

Hello beyond4edges,

Welcome to the forum, it is great to have you onboard!

A 600 km single day ride in a TVS Jupiter is really impressive, would love to read about that experience and about the other long rides on your scooter.

Swift to Magnite is a good upgrade. Why not start off with a review of the Magnite and your experience upgrading from the old Swift.

Looking forward to your active participation in the forum.

Cheers
Rahul N
RahulNagaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks