Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2024, 12:25   #1

Finally mastered the art of securing a Team-BHP membership

Hello Gearheads,

This is my first post and I just thought what better introduction it would be without contributing to this forum and to the readers. Before diving into the Tips and Tricks, a little bit context about myself and how I ended up getting the membership approved so that you can truly appreciate the means. Me “SideSwipe” hailing from Chennai, automotive enthusiast having an eye for detail, composition & photography, tried being a marksman but couldn’t pursue higher, Biker (more on that later) and used to be avid runner but not right now due to an injury and while all these passions come and go, the only constant was that I have been a true fan of this forum for the past decade or so. This forum plays an eminent role in my daily workflow where my workday would not be complete without gulping at least 5 hot threads.

I have been actively trying to get the team-bhp membership for 5 years and 8th time was the lucky charm. While I was dreading for the last 6 days after clicking the submit button and was elated to see the approval mail on the fine morning of 10th of July, I took a breath and was wondering what has changed this time around. Spent few hours consolidating the answers for the team-bhp membership questions I had posted over the last 5 attempts and found a revelation. Voila these moderators are pure geniuses. I understood (to an extent) what these folks are looking for and trust me they have a very good reason for being so picky.

Here is what I observed:
1. You cannot fake it - You cannot fake being an automotive enthusiast or being an avid rider. Your words will definitely give it away. Speak your heart out about who you really are and why you honestly feel you would be benefited, and how you can contribute to the forum.
2. Choose your words wisely - Avoid using fancy terminologies or complicated sentences. This is not a place to prove your linguistic capabilities, so keep it simple and straight forward. But at the same time be cautious about what you pen down as you must understand every word you write is a prime real estate. Hence you have to ensure you are able to convey your thoughts in the least words possible delivering a high-quality content devoid of grammatical errors. Quick Tip – Spell/grammar check is a must. My weapon of choice is outlook drafts.
3. Don’t go with your gut – Do not write and submit your answers impulsively. Sit on it, take your time, and give it a deep thought. Plan your answers and review them the next day and am sure your views would change. Repeat it few times until you feel there is nothing you could further edit to make the answers better.
4. Weave a passionate story – Facts and Perspectives are important but what makes it even better is your capability to make it personal and weave a story around it. Ability to delivery your intent and content like a short story is the best way to make a mark. Hey, everyone used to be a kid once and every kid likes a story.
5. Swap Places- Put yourself in moderators’ shoe and review your answers and question yourself why you should accept someone based on these answers. Review from the context of Quality, Intent, Value addition and Maturity. It will give you an all-new perspective at the way you look at your answers.

Disclaimer: Am not a moderator or associated with any of the moderators. Am a new entrant and this is my personal view. Follow with caution and due diligence.

Finally, I would first like to take a moment to appreciate the tremendous efforts behind maintaining such a brilliant forum. Though it is the go-to dictionary for every Indian automotive enthusiast, Its always not about the content. It’s about the quality in which the content is delivered that impresses me the most about this forum. I know for sure that quality comes with a hefty price tag and that would be the efforts from the moderators and the administrators. Fantastic job and keep up the good work. Am sure I would have missed few valid pointers for cracking the membership so feel free to add your perspective. Looking forward for a fantastic journey in the days to come.

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th July 2024 at 10:53. Reason: Added some paragraph spaces, fixed 1 spelling error, & u = you. Welcome aboard! :)
SideSwipe is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 12th July 2024, 11:06   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Finally mastered the art of securing a Team-BHP membership

Hi,

Welcome to Team-BHP. Good to have you on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideSwipe View Post
Me “SideSwipe” hailing from Chennai, automotive enthusiast having an eye for detail, composition & photography, tried being a marksman but couldn’t pursue higher, Biker (more on that later) and used to be avid runner but not right now due to an injury and while all these passions come and go, the only constant was that I have been a true fan of this forum for the past decade or so. This forum plays an eminent role in my daily workflow where my workday would not be complete without gulping at least 5 hot threads.
Very interesting. I see you have tried you hand in various fields. I too had to stop running due to injury.

Not surprising that you've stuck to Team-BHP. Every day we get to learn something new here. Many problems are solved as well.

Quote:
Here is what I observed:
Very detailed analysis that! Beautifully put together. The quality of the forum has to be maintained. Hence the slightly strict membership application process. Still, if one puts some effort into it, it's not very difficult to get in.

Quote:
Finally, I would first like to take a moment to appreciate the tremendous efforts behind maintaining such a brilliant forum. Though it is the go-to dictionary for every Indian automotive enthusiast, Its always not about the content. It’s about the quality in which the content is delivered that impresses me the most about this forum. I know for sure that quality comes with a hefty price tag and that would be the efforts from the moderators and the administrators. Fantastic job and keep up the good work. Am sure I would have missed few valid pointers for cracking the membership so feel free to add your perspective. Looking forward for a fantastic journey in the days to come.
Thank you for the kind words. Looking forward to meaningful contributions from you.

See you on the forum.
Aditya is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2024, 12:55   #3

Welcome SideSwipe to the fleet. Good thought of posting tips on achieving a membership. Yes, we all consider it as a badge of pride for what the forum has been offering and opportunities it provides to return back as a member.
nadodi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2024, 16:01   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Hi,

Welcome to Team-BHP. Good to have you on board.

Very interesting. I see you have tried you hand in various fields. I too had to stop running due to injury.

Not surprising that you've stuck to Team-BHP. Every day we get to learn something new here. Many problems are solved as well.

Very detailed analysis that! Beautifully put together. The quality of the forum has to be maintained. Hence the slightly strict membership application process. Still, if one puts some effort into it, it's not very difficult to get in.

Thank you for the kind words. Looking forward to meaningful contributions from you.

See you on the forum.
Thanks Aditya for your kind words. Everyday is indeed a learning, ranging from monthly sales insights to middle age crisis, F1, career opportunities, rants on traffic, wellness, fighting cancer and even IVF. I had so much to learn over these years that I have no deficit of topics to start a conversation with anyone. Now that I have gained so much, looking forward to give back to the community in the days to come.
Old 15th July 2024, 17:05   #5
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Welcome aboard, This is a very passionate feeling as soon as you can join the amazing community and read and share immense knowledge. we all are united by a passion for cars and ethics towards life.
VikramAditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 22:57   #6
BHPian

Welcome aboard! I'm a bit surprised though by how hard people seem to make it for themselves before it dawns on them to keep it simple. Nice point about not trying to be fake, but it stumps me why people would want to try faking in the first place. If one is a vegan, would they fake enjoying eating meat, only to get to hand out in a Texas Longhorn? Or vice versa? Only the superficial people trying too hard to get in by pretending to be something or someone they aren't get stopped, I think, and I'm glad they are stopped.
supermax is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks