Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2024, 13:05   #1

How my journey began

Hello fellow Team BHPians!

I would like to introduce myself to this wonderful brotherhood called Team BHP! I am an ardent follower of this forum since the last 4 years and the numerous travelogues, articles have given me a new sense of planning my travels, riding my bike safely and at the same time a feeling of belonging someplace. So, I recently became a member of this forum on my second attempt and had been wanting to pen down my introduction as well as subsequent travelogues of my journey's.

Would try to keep this one short as it is basically a small introduction to who I am, what I ride and how it all started . So, without any further ado let's get started!

I am DreamyTraveller (how I zeroed in on that name is a story for another day) and I was born in Mumbai and brought up in Pune (psst... But still a Mumbaikar by heart). Having worked in two different sectors in various roles have recently started my new career in Junior Management. My journey with automobiles (Cars and Bikes alike) started when I was 2 years old and my idol was my Dad (ofcourse he has to be the one - Come On now). Used to accompany him to the garage on various occasions, help him wash the car, and most importantly observe him while driving and riding whenever we used to go out. That was the foundation which set me up and has helped me do well till date. I knew that one day I would be also cruising on the highways in my car (that's still some time away) and riding along the beautiful curves of the Ghats on my own bike and boy was I right!

The actual journey begins when I entered senior college and was offered to have my own vehicle to ride on in Pune and I chose to go with the best and the safest (read lightest on pocket) option a Honda. My mom bought me a 2012 Honda Dio (Matt Axis Gray) a peppy 110cc machine which fulfilled it's duties till I bid adieu to her in March of 2023 after 11 long years, some 67,785kms, 3 sets of tyres, 1 rear suspension replacement, 1 odometer replacement as the OEM one went kaput after 40,000kms, 1 right mirror, 1 headlight and taillight, 1 battery and 1 seat cover! She was a beauty of a vehicle to ride with mileage in the range of 54-56 kmpl throughout the ownership, the reasons for which I feel were thorough and regular maintenance carried out and proper care provided in it's lifetime.

This was my baby and I had named her Elizabeth - inspiration was a 2014 Marathi movie named Elizabeth Ekadashi. Won't go into the details about the movie as we would deviate from the topic.

How my journey began-img_20220318_142252374_hdr2.jpg
Honda Dio aka Elizabeth - Pehla Pehla Pyaar

Now, coming to what I currently ride - 2021 Himalayan (Granite Black) - has all the OE accessories from RE. The odo at the time of writing this intro stand at 15,348 kms in 2 years and 6 months - weekend rides and a few long rides (will come to that in the upcoming travelogues). Till date, have undertaken 2 Solo Trips, 2 Interstate rides with friends and various weekend and holiday rides (either solo or with friends).

Have christened her "Athena" after the Greek Goddess of War, Handicraft and wisdom and the patroness of Athens. The name is apt as whenever I ride, I learn a thing or two about the bike,me, it's limits and mine. It keeps me grounded (not the weight - eyeroll), helps me in riding in a disciplined manner. Currently on the second set of tyres - chose the Apollo ActiGrip F6/R6 and have a good feedback till date. With the start of a new job, things have been slow and haven't ridden a lot for the last month and a half but soon would be getting out on the road.

How my journey began-img_20220313_093823269_hdr2.jpg
Himalayan aka Athena - Current Partner

Looking forward to share my travels and learn new things in this forum. Thanks once again for giving me the chance to be a member of this forum and would be back with a travelogue the next time we meet! Godspeed and ride safe!

Vehicles Driven/Ridden till date:
Cars: Premier 110NE(lots of memories with my Dad), Fiat Elegant 1100( Grandma's - remember it vividly - never driven), Premier Padmini (learnt to drive - family car - sold), Fiat Palio (gem of a car - sold)
Bikes: Honda Unicorn(learnt to ride - Uncle's), Honda Dio (first ride - sold), RE Himalayan (current ride)
DreamyTraveller is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 27th June 2024, 03:32   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: How my journey began

Hello and welcome DreamyTraveller. Do share some travelogues and ownership review of the Himalayan.
Old 27th June 2024, 07:27   #3

Re: How my journey began

Thanks for the warm welcome to the forum. Been working on those travelogues and would be posting them in the coming days. As for the Ownership Review would definitely share my thoughts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks