Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2024, 13:35   #1

Hello my dear BHPians!

Hello BHPians!!

I have been a daily visitor of this platform from last 3 years. The amount of knowledge/insights/passion which our fellow BHPians have shared on this portal is best in the world. I discovered this portal during covid time and slowly it started growing on me and I started gobbling information/reviews/travelogues on team-bhp like a maniac and that madness still runs in my blood, I am addicted to team-bhp and its the first thing that I read every morning

Here is a little information about my motoring journey:

My passion for motoring started when I drove my uncle's "Hero Puch" in my childhood. It gave me so much confidence that gradually started learning my father's "LML Star" scooter in 2003.

I loved driving scooter till I got an opportunity to drive my maternal grandfathers's 1955 Royal Enfield. I felt like a boss that day and I realised that there are "bikes/scooter" and there is "Bullet". I decided that day I will own a Royal Enfield someday.

In 2010 my father purchased "Ford Figo" and that was the first ever car that I drove in my life and I slowly started driving but never really got a hang of it. I used to drive occasionally and preferred handing over car to better driver i.e my younger brother.

After my B.Tech I got placed in Bangalore MNC and it took me 2 years to realise my dreams I bought "Royal Enfield Classic 350 Ash" on 6th December 2012.

In 2022 my father sold Figo and purchased "Nexon petrol xm variant". As I was in my hometown for several months I started enjoying the drive and took couple of trips with wifey and I realised that days of riding bike are gone now and I need to get a nice car in Manual transmission before EV takes over.

Fast forward 2024 I am a proud owner of Skoda Slavia 1.0 MT Deep Pearl Black.
Bazooka1989 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 20:30   #2
BHPian

Re: Hello my dear BHPians!

Welcome aboard! The first motorcycle I rode was a CD100 (my maternal uncle's) and second motorcycle was a 1962 Jawa (another maternal uncle's!). My own first vehicle was a 2-geared Hero Puch and I did ride my dad's LML Star, so we have a bit in common there! Nice to see that you decided to buy a MT before it became extinct. That was exactly my reasoning too, and I bought a Skoda Octavia Estate 1.0 TSI.
supermax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 21:10   #3
BHPian

Welcome.

First motorised vehicle I rode & owned was Bajaj Sunny in 1996. Since then, it's been long journey to now 2022 Kodiaq 2.0 TSI L&K.

Looking forward enriching inputs from you soon, also congratulations for entering TSI gang!
SilverSmoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 12:34   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermax View Post
Welcome aboard! The first motorcycle I rode was a CD100 (my maternal uncle's) and second motorcycle was a 1962 Jawa (another maternal uncle's!). My own first vehicle was a 2-geared Hero Puch and I did ride my dad's LML Star, so we have a bit in common there! Nice to see that you decided to buy a MT before it became extinct. That was exactly my reasoning too, and I bought a Skoda Octavia Estate 1.0 TSI.
We do have a lot in common

Skoda Octavia Estate 1.0 TSI !! I don't think this model came to India?
Old 12th March 2024, 12:39   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
Welcome.

First motorised vehicle I rode & owned was Bajaj Sunny in 1996. Since then, it's been long journey to now 2022 Kodiaq 2.0 TSI L&K.

Looking forward enriching inputs from you soon, also congratulations for entering TSI gang!
Thank you so much!!
Even after buying Slavia I get dreams of Kodiaq!! I am sure you are having fun with that beast!
Bazooka1989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 15:15   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka1989 View Post
We do have a lot in common

Skoda Octavia Estate 1.0 TSI !! I don't think this model came to India?
No, I think India did get an Octavia Estate a long time ago, probably the first generation, as I'd seen a picture of one in a Skoda owners meetup. I live in Linköping, Sweden, where Estates are insanely popular. So much so that Skoda has completely stopped selling sedan/lift back models. Only Estate (called kombi/combi locally) versions of Octavia and Superb are being sold here. Only non combi cars are SUVs (Kodiak) , crossovers (Karoq) and hatches (Fabia).
supermax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 16:27   #7
BHPian

Welcome aboard!

The first motorized 2-wheeler i rode was Maxr 100 one of my cousins owned, then the second one was - FZ which i bought for myself.

After that it was a long journey and now i own a Tata Altroz- MT and Two scooters, Aerox and Jupiter to go along with it.

So trying to switch to a sedan from Hatchback segment and Skoda is on top of my list.
Spikky-ZX Throt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2024, 09:44   #8
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard Bazooka1989. Do you still have the 1955 Bullet? Please do share pictures and ownership reviews of your steeds. Looking forward to reading them. Also, congrats on getting the Slavia.
ChiragM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2024, 00:19   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka1989 View Post
Thank you so much!!
Even after buying Slavia I get dreams of Kodiaq!! I am sure you are having fun with that beast!
Yeah. But recently I got issues in morning cranking due to bad fuel. Hope it never happens again.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks