Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2024, 15:02   #1

Introduction

Hello members. I am Dilip Mahanta, currently in my early 60s and permanently settled in Guwahati, Assam. I used to be a reader of the threads posted on this forum in the mid 2000s, when I was thinking about buying a Škoda Octavia VRS as a replacement for my problematic second-hand 2000 Fiat Sienna. However, that purchase didn't happen due to some familial problems and investments in the construction of a house. As a result, visits to the forum gradually reduced and ultimately stopped.

However, my interest in the forum was rekindled when one of my younger cousins shared a link to an ownership review of my current car. It was written by a member who goes by the name of TurboKat in the forum. After reading the ownership review, I came to know that it was written by none other than my son. Earlier, I wasn't aware of my son being a member of Team-BHP.

The vehicles that I have owned till now are(leaving the bicycles aside):

1. 1986 Bajaj Super (second hand, bought in 1988, scrapped in 2008)
2. 1990 Bajaj Auto/Tempo (scrapped in 2021)
3. 1999 Daewoo Matiz SD (sold in 2016)
4. 2000 Fiat Sienna 1.2 (second hand, bought in 2003, sold in 2005)
5. 2006 Honda Eterno (sold in 2022)
6. 2016 Hyundai Grand i10 Asta Option 1.2 (present car)
7. 2011 Hyundai i20 Magna 1.2 (second hand, bought in 2022, sold in 2023)
8. 2021 TVS Jupiter Intelligo (second hand. bought in 2023)

I believe in using a product till its end of life instead of changing frequently. Like the Matiz, I plan to retain the Grand i10 for a long time.

Looking forward to having great interactions here.

Regards.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 21st February 2024 at 13:47. Reason: Adding URL to ownership report, thanks for sharing!
mahantad is offline   (59) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 16:47   #2
BHPian

Re: Introduction

Dad-son duo. Nice.
Ive read that particular piece about Grand i10 written by TurboKat and it was a good one. TurboKat's affection to their vehicles was clearly visible.

Hearty welcome. Expecting more Dad-son adventures

P.S does TurboKat know about your presence here?

Last edited by subie_socal : 19th February 2024 at 16:48. Reason: Adding PS
subie_socal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 17:13   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by subie_socal View Post
Dad-son duo. Nice.
Ive read that particular piece about Grand i10 written by TurboKat and it was a good one. TurboKat's affection to their vehicles was clearly visible.

Hearty welcome. Expecting more Dad-son adventures

P.S does TurboKat know about your presence here?
Thanks for the warm welcome.

I don't think TurboKat knows about me joining the forum as his sessional exams are going on. I had last contacted him on Thursday and applied for the membership on Friday.
mahantad is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 18:12   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahantad View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome.

I don't think TurboKat knows about me joining the forum as his sessional exams are going on. I had last contacted him on Thursday and applied for the membership on Friday.
Hi Deta. I didn't think you were serious when you said about applying for a membership. Anyways, hope you have a good time here. By the way, my sessionals are over.
TurboKat is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 20th February 2024, 15:45   #5
BHPian

Warm welcome to the forum Mahantad.
I was in Maligaon till 2000 before moving out to other cities. I will be eagerly waiting to see some pics of that beautiful place when you happen to write something.

Wish you and your family the best.
OpenRoads is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2024, 21:48   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenRoads View Post
Warm welcome to the forum Mahantad.
I was in Maligaon till 2000 before moving out to other cities. I will be eagerly waiting to see some pics of that beautiful place when you happen to write something.

Wish you and your family the best.
Hello! If you don't mind me asking, at which part of Maligaon did you stay? One of my relatives stays near Boripara. I often frequent that place.

Regarding the pics, I think I'll leave that job to my son as I'm not a technologically adept person and will need to take help. To be honest, I had been using my keypad phone till 2018, as I initially found touchscreen mobiles difficult to handle and too big to carry. Later, when UPI started becoming widespread, I had to shift to a smartphone.
mahantad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 08:35   #7
BHPian

I stayed in Nambari railway colony.
OpenRoads is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 22:02   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome! Alas, another teambhpian from the Bajaj Super era. The Hamara Bajaj owners can jolly well recall those hassle free years of owning a vehicle that with the bare minimum precautions could be parked statically for months together but would spring back to life with a few kick-starts.

Do please narrate your nostalgic memories of ownership of the older as well as newer vehicles as and when you feel free.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th February 2024, 13:13   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Welcome! Alas, another teambhpian from the Bajaj Super era. The Hamara Bajaj owners can jolly well recall those hassle free years of owning a vehicle that with the bare minimum precautions could be parked statically for months together but would spring back to life with a few kick-starts.

Do please narrate your nostalgic memories of ownership of the older as well as newer vehicles as and when you feel free.
Yes, the Super was in a different league all together when it came to fuss free ownership. It would easily start up even after sitting for months and any mechanic could repair it. I had clocked up around 2lakh 80 thousand kms. on it. Engine had been overhauled twice and the body colour had been changed to black. I lost count of the number of times the speedometer cable had been changed. In 2008, I sent the scooter to the Bajaj workshop for some repairs. The workshop caught fire, and in that mishap, I lost my scooter. Otherwise, I could've kept it running for some more time.

The Eterno was also pretty similar to the Super when it came to maintenance.

I'll definitely narrate the ownership experiences in details whenever I manage to find some time to spend on the forum.

Last edited by mahantad : 29th February 2024 at 13:36.
mahantad is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks