Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2024, 01:03   #1

Hello Everyone!

I am very happy to finally be a part of this community. I'm 23, a CFD Engineer by profession, It's really evident where the inspiration and motivation for such a profession comes from (coughs* Motorsports).

I'm 5 feet 2 inches, I always knew I was gonna be short, but my biggest fear as a kid was if I'd ever be able to ride motorcycles. I've been riding bikes for 10 years now, 9 of which have been on different models of Splendor plus over the years.

My very first interactions with car & bike content was "the car N bike show" on NDTV profit channel and "Top Gear" in 2013, Top Gear opened up the world for me and it was a steep fall from there into the pit of Automotive Dreamland. I've been obsessed about Fast cars all my teen years, never really knew what bikes had to offer until a friend of mine bought a 2015 Duke 390 in 2020 and brought it to our college in Himachal. I was blown away by the twist of that throttle, The acceleration I felt on first ride was unlike anything I've ever experienced. An Orange bug was planted in my head and it's going to last for a while now. The same Orange bug made me pick my first bike, a 2017 RC390 with 53k kms on it, the cheapest sane looking find on Olx. Won't call it a sane purchase anymore but that's a story for later.

I am thrilled to be here! I look forward to being more refined and seek advice, thank you !

Vehicles I own: Katy 3.0 (RC390 2017) 62k kms (bought at 53k kms).

Attaching some pictures of her
Attached Thumbnails
Hello Everyone!-whatsapp-image-20240204-12.59.36-am.jpeg  

Hello Everyone!-whatsapp-image-20231126-9.01.16-am.jpeg  

Last edited by Axe77 : 5th February 2024 at 11:20. Reason: Edits for some incorrect spacing, caps where needed.
whiz390 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th February 2024, 21:03   #2

Re: Hello Everyone!

Welcome aboard whiz390
Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures with the KTM
vn_92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 10:57   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiz390 View Post
I am very happy to finally be a part of this community. I'm 23, a CFD Engineer by profession, It's really evident where the inspiration and motivation for such a profession comes from ( coughs* Motorsports ).

Vehicles I own : Katy 3.0(RC390 2017) 62k kms ( bought at 53k kms )

Attaching some pictures of her
Hey whiz390, a warm welcome to the forum.

Very interesting profession! Any interesting past projects that you've worked on that you can share? The forum has a bunch of engineers who would love to read about it.

The RC390 looks so good in black! Looking forward to reading your experiences with Katy.
Omkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 11:24   #4
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard whiz390. Love the passion that you clearly have for all things automotive and I’m always specially pleased to see a fellow biker join the club.

The RC 390 is such a special machine. I know several bikers with higher CC bikes, specially track aficionados, who still have an RC as their second bike and love their track outings on their 390s.

Do spend some time going through the forum rules as well please. We love quality content (which I’m sure you’ll have to offer in spades) but we’re also particular about well written posts to keep the forum experience top notch for our readers.

Have a great time on the forum and hope to read more about Katy in the motorbikes section.

Cheers.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2024, 21:58   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
Hey whiz390, a warm welcome to the forum.

Very interesting profession! Any interesting past projects that you've worked on that you can share? The forum has a bunch of engineers who would love to read about it.

The RC390 looks so good in black! Looking forward to reading your experiences with Katy.
Thanks for the warm welcome! I've been CFD Engineer for a year now, I work in the Air Conditioning and Small Home Appliances domain, There's one project I worked on as a freelancer for an EV Truck Manufacturer. That is the closest I managed to get to the automotive domain so far.

The Project consisted Analysis of Ductwork of the vehicle, Drag Coefficient Calculation. The Iterations are still work in progress and I am not allowed to share more details until they officially launch their product.

The RC390 in all black is definitely a gorgeous sight I will never get bored of, credits to the previous owner for such a tasteful visual mod

Last edited by Axe77 : 11th February 2024 at 22:15. Reason: i —> I
Old 11th February 2024, 22:13   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Welcome aboard whiz390. Love the passion that you clearly have for all things automotive and I’m always specially pleased to see a fellow biker join the club.

The RC 390 is such a special machine. I know several bikers with higher CC bikes, specially track aficionados, who still have an RC as their second bike and love their track outings on their 390s.

Do spend some time going through the forum rules as well please. We love quality content (which I’m sure you’ll have to offer in spades) but we’re also particular about well written posts to keep the forum experience top notch for our readers.

Have a great time on the forum and hope to read more about Katy in the motorbikes section.

Cheers.
Thank you so much! The RC390 is certainly so much fun, track is where she belongs and I am yet to experience that, is certainly the number one task on my bucket list for the year.

I will work towards producing quality content, I am finding my way around the forum and will definitely strive to make my posts as pleasurable as other posts were to me
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks