Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2007, 22:40   #1
KVS
BHPian

One more Safari Lover

I have been a regular visitor of team-bhp site. I only visit a few websites to read news and do not spend too much time on surfing. But, team-Bhp site changed all that. It is like an addiction. (I have to view this site everyday). I have been visiting this site for the last three months. I am not a regular member of any on-line forums/groups. Finally I decided to become a member of Team-Bhp.

I came to know about this site (Google search) while I was doing research to buy a SUV/MUV. I almost finalised on Innova, I got a chance to study Steer’s review on Safari. I told my wife that I was including Safari also in the list and she surprised me by saying that it is her dream vehicle. I thought I knew my wife well enough and she would be happy driving a Santro or M 800, but ….

I am kind of a guy who does a lot of research before selecting, (not at all impulsive kind). The only one occasion when I did not do research was while selecting my partner. I read all the posts and threads on Safari. 2.2 vs 3.0. It was fun going through all the posts, although. I spent the entire weekend reading all that stuff. We were all so involved that now even my youngest daughter (3 yrs) knows what a Safari is. She is the one who is waiting eagerly and announcing it to everyone that her dad is going to buy a Safari.

My wife and I like driving holidays. I think my kids also enjoy it. Any way they do not have a choice. I have been on many long drives. Longest being Pune –Belgaum - Karwar – Sagar – Bangalore – Kadapa – Bellary – Shimoga – Hubli – Pune in one week.(around 2500 KMs)
My first car was Toyota Celica 1986 Model in US. I did long drives in US in many cars. All my long drives in India have been in my Indica. I trust the TATA brand as their vehicles are VFM. I do not expect Honda or Toyota finish and I am prepared for niggling problems.

This forum is excellent and gives lot of information. I am Looking forward to having a great drive ahead.
Old 8th August 2007, 23:25   #2
BHPian

There's always place for Safari lovers on this forum . Welcome aboard KVS.
Old 9th August 2007, 03:43   #3
BHPian

KVS, welcome to Team BHP!
hope you enjoy your membership here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KVS View Post
I almost finalised on Innova, I got a chance to study Steer’s review on Safari.
yeah tell me about it.he's the grand daddy of safaris'.lol!
happy motoring!
Old 9th August 2007, 11:11   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome KVS. There are so many safari lovers around here, hope you will enjoy the company.
Old 9th August 2007, 12:52   #5
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to TBHP, KVS.
You had a Celica earlier?! Thats great !!
I like that car.

Hope you enjoy your stay here, and contribute actively.
Old 9th August 2007, 14:27   #6
BHPian

welcome aboard !!!. its the place to be a guy like you who loves driving.
Old 9th August 2007, 14:40   #7
Senior - BHPian

KVS - welcome to Team-BHP. Safari is a great SUV except for its size and weight which makes it difficult to manage on Indian roads.
Old 9th August 2007, 15:16   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hey nice intro...Welcome aboard KVS. Steer loves his Safari and that obviously flows out of this threads. But he has well-outlined the pros and cons to form an honest review for potential owners.

Quote:
I only visit a few websites to read news and do not spend too much time on surfing. But, team-Bhp site changed all that. It is like an addiction. (I have to view this site everyday). I have been visiting this site for the last three months. I am not a regular member of any on-line forums/groups.
Better not kick this habit!
Old 9th August 2007, 16:30   #9
BHPian

welcome to the club bro
Old 9th August 2007, 17:38   #10
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the "Make your Own Road gang"

I am sure you'll enjoy the beast to the hilt..
Old 9th August 2007, 17:54   #11
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Team BHP, fellow beastman. The forum's more than any one car so I hope you will join the fun in all sections. Dont forget to read the rules in our announcements section.

Yeah - perhaps its time for a Make Your Own Road Gang! Thank you for your kind words - they are more than kind.

Last edited by Steeroid : 9th August 2007 at 17:56.
Old 9th August 2007, 22:05   #12
KVS
BHPian

Thanks Guys!!

benbsb29: Yes It is 1986 model. I still have fond memories of that car. It is a good sports car. I had to sell it off when I was returning from US.

Yes GTO. Most of the reviews I read at team-BHP are impartial. That is the reason I hooked on to this site.

Rahul: I am waiting for the 2.2L. Then I can join the "Make your own road gang".

Steeroid: Thanks for the good work and your reviews. I got good info on other cars too. I have two Indicas, One Bajaj Safire and Bajaj 4S Champion.

I like biking too and drove about 80K KM mainly on Delhi roads.
Old 10th August 2007, 00:24   #13
Team-BHP Support

Wecome to Team-BHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KVS View Post
Rahul: I am waiting for the 2.2L. Then I can join the "Make your own road gang".
Well, take a number and get in line, a really long line. And we don't know when the counter opens for business.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks