Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2023, 11:13   #1

Motorhead from Chennai!

Hello to all BHPians. I have been a Motörhead for long. I had been a team BHP member already but then lost touch and then when I came back I had to register again.

While growing up, we had a Maruti Omni and then a Tata Estate at home. All my deriving lessons and fine tuning my driving were from these.

After I started my adult life journey I began with a Contessa Classic: It was a riot driving in the city without power steering and the turning radius, then went to Mitsubishi Lancer: a quiet smooth car, the only petrol car I owned, a brief stint with Tata Safari: unreliable, had to take it to the service centre almost every week, then went straight to Skoda Laura L&K: initial Skoda days, unmatched luxury for its price point but always with the niggle at the back of the mind about service costs, moved on to Skoda Yeti: it has been my man Friday for 125k kms, then a BMW 530d M Sport: what a car, the whole of south India upto Goa was covered in this in a very short time many times over, unfortunately met with an accident and totalled, then BMW 645CI:bought just for the nostalgia of our M Sport but used less, then Ford Endeavor 3.2: a totally irreplaceable car in my view for its price and comfort, have done 100k kms including road trip to Bhutan, planning for a Spiti trip and finally the recent addition of Toyota Hilux AT as the goods carrier for my business with Endy as the people carrier. Had a Maruti Gypsy also along as a second vehicle most of the earlier years.
On the 2 wheeler side, almost all Indian available bikes I have owned be it a Pulsar/Unicorn/Suzuki/Royal Enfield. Then of course I had to get Kawasaki Ninja 250 long back, tried for Harley, vetoed by the wife and now BMW GSA1200 for the past few years.
I love driving and riding, not the track stuff just regular journeys most of them with the family and many for my business travels as well. Once a Motörhead always a Motörhead is my personal experience.
logout is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 08:55   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Motorhead from Chennai!

Welcome to the forum.

You have a very diverse garage. Have to agree with you on the Endeavour. I don't think any car below the 70-80L mark can serve as a proper upgrade to the 3.2 4x4 AT especially.

Wishing to hear a lot more about you and your cars on the forum. See you around.

Vishy
vishy76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2023, 14:44   #3

Thanks for the welcome vishy76. Yes Endeavour is a truly irreplaceable vehicle. That's why we decided to retain it and use it more for family use and the Hilux for my solo trips.
Old 4th November 2023, 17:32   #4
BHPian

Welcome to the forum logout!

That's really an amazing garage you have got there! And you are right, that Endy 3.2 isn't easily replaceable.. Like vishy76 said, there aren't many cars that can serve as an upgrade to it! Also Hilux, that's one car (or should I say truck) that I've been wanting to get a ride in.

Hope to see more about you and your garage on here!

Cheers!
nova.19_exe is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks