Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2023, 11:13   #1
BHPian

Finally onboard, hello BHPians

Hello All;

This is NomadSK here in mid-forties, working for an Oil and Gas firm and mellowing down in life as age is progressing and hence have become a sedate and safe driver. My first stint with Team-BHP happened some 15 years ago, when I was searching on internet for a trip to Ladakh and since then have been glued to this automotive forum. Over this long period of time, I have actually started to know people with their BHP handle names. This was my 2nd attempt to join the forum, earlier being almost a decade ago and that time wasn’t allowed to join the party. Till now it was a one-way traffic where I was more than happy in consuming the content. Nevertheless, it’s better to be late than never.

My favorites threads came from the “Travelogue section” and based on those threads I have carried out incredible road trips, in India and across various parts of the globe. Technically speaking, I have been awestruck with the knowledge people share on this forum.

Cars/Bike experience – Learned to drive at a pretty young age on a Jeep (Mahindra) that was my Dad’s office ride and the driver used to take me to an open field for a spin where I took my first lessons of driving. Although crude, but sufficient enough to drive.

My Dad’s drive over a period of time in the same sequence, Fiat, Ambassador, Maruti Van, Santro Xing, Honda City (Which I totaled), Toyota Corolla (current).

My Mom’s cars – Maruti 800 and Honda Brio AT (Gifted AT for her comfort to drive)

My Cars – In my earlier days I decided my cars/bikes based on my heart and not with my head, so the first car I purchased was in 2002, a used one Ceilo, 97 or 98 Model, which famous Mumbai floods of 2005 gobbled it. Eventually got it repaired and kept it for another year or so and then sold it off as problems started to creep in. Carried multiple Road trips to various parts of Maharashtra in the car. Mind, you the Mumbai-Pune expressway was the new in thing in those days. Some other road trips were carried out to Shirdi, Nashik, Ahmedabad, Kutch, Goa, Belgaum. Lonavala and Igatpuri were weekend destinations with friends in those days. My first new purchase was SX4 in 2007 and had to sold it off by 2010 with 20K ODO, before I move for greener pastures. Presently in my garage, I own a 2005-Montero AT and a 2018 RAV-4 AT. With time my thoughts have changed about the Automatic transmissions and now I'm only in favour of AT's. I call this ageing phenomenon.

My bikes – Got my first bike RX-100 in 1998, by saving money and loaning money from my friends during my college days. Then came the second one, RD-350 with the brute power and number plate as “MAD-XXXX”. Both these bikes I kept till 2006, RD was eventually sold off and RX was given to one of my friend.

My interests – Travelling (Exploring Offbeat places and creating memories for life) and Running

I hope with time, I would be able to contribute something substantial to this incredible community.

Finally, I would like to deeply thank all the moderators, especially GTO to let me be a part of this family, something which I have been visualizing about so long.

NomadSK
NomadSK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 11:31   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Finally onboard, hello BHPians

Hi,

Welcome to Team-BHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadSK View Post
Nevertheless, it’s better to be late than never.
Absolutely. Good to have you on board.

Quote:
My favorites threads came from the “Travelogue section” and based on those threads I have carried out incredible road trips, in India and across various parts of the globe. Technically speaking, I have been awestruck with the knowledge people share on this forum.
Great to know that the forum has been of help to you. I myself refer to the Travelogues section before planning any trip. You'll never be caught off-guard wherever you go.

Quote:
Cars/Bike experience – Learned to drive at a pretty young age on a Jeep (Mahindra) that was my Dad’s office ride and the driver used to take me to an open field for a spin where I took my first lessons of driving. Although crude, but sufficient enough to drive.

My Dad’s drive over a period of time in the same sequence, Fiat, Ambassador, Maruti Van, Santro Xing, Honda City (Which I totaled), Toyota Corolla (current).
Coming from the same era as you, I have a similar experience to yours. Of course, I have not totalled anything, but learnt driving on an old Fiat and Ambassador. And yes, I own a Corolla too.

Quote:
Presently in my garage, I own a 2005-Montero AT and a 2018 RAV-4 AT. With time my thoughts have changed about the Automatic transmissions and now I'm only in favour of AT's. I call this ageing phenomenon.
Two excellent cars that will last forever just with scheduled maintenance and if you are allowed to keep them.

Quote:
My bikes – Got my first bike RX-100 in 1998, by saving money and loaning money from my friends during my college days. Then came the second one, RD-350 with the brute power and number plate as “MAD-XXXX”. Both these bikes I kept till 2006, RD was eventually sold off and RX was given to one of my friend.
I've been a big fan of the RD350. Was the OG performance bike in India.

Quote:
My interests – Travelling (Exploring Offbeat places and creating memories for life) and Running
Never stop travelling. Nothing else gives as much pleasure. And good to see you are into fitness.

Quote:
I hope with time, I would be able to contribute something substantial to this incredible community.
Looking forward to some meaningful contributions from you.

See you on the forum.
Aditya is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 12:52   #3
BHPian

Re: Finally onboard, hello BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Hi,

Welcome to Team-BHP.
Absolutely. Good to have you on board.
Two excellent cars that will last forever just with scheduled maintenance and if you are allowed to keep them.
Never stop travelling. Nothing else gives as much pleasure. And good to see you are into fitness.
Thanks Aditya for the Welcome.

Agreed, both the cars have never troubled me with regular maintenance. Montero, 18yrs old, is still going strong at ODO 330000 Kms and is my regular ride. RAV-4 feels a bit light at higher legal speeds, while Montero feels grounded and tight at the same speeds. Also Montero is a very basic mechanical car (Least electronics, which anyway I'm not a fan of), I love to fiddle with its mechincal and to repair it myslef, unless a lift is required for repairs. Weather permitting, I enjoy going under it.

Travelling is what keeps me sane in this chatioc work life and running is meditation for me, specially long runs.

Thanks again

Last edited by ampere : 29th May 2023 at 21:30. Reason: Spell Check; reduced spacing from quoted post
NomadSK is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks