Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2023, 17:15   #1

Hello World!

Hi All!

Thanks to the moderators for approving my request.

I have been an avid follower of the Team-BHP forums for close to a decade now. After one disapproved request, glad I could make the cut this time around.

I am based out of Seawoods, Navi Mumbai.

My journey in cars started in 2009, as a passenger/ navigator. Seeing my friends/ colleagues drive during our weekend getaways, always got a tinge of envy. However, finances were always a roadblock during those years.

I ended up getting my first car, Zen Estilo, as a hand-me-down from my brother in law, as he was moving out of the country. It coincided with the birth of my daughter, in 2013. After 20k of driving or so, we decided to get our car of our own.

After a lot of financial juggling, I was able to buy a Maruti Swift ZXi (Petrol) in June 2015. Two days later, I misjudged a turn while getting out of parking and damaged the running board on the passenger side. Two months later, I misjudged a divider and damaged the running board on driver side. Lessons were learnt on being a cautious driver with these instances and of course the pain felt on everytime I thought about these instances.

The Swift served us well, through a few family trips, a few solo trips and once I had moved to Pune for a brief stint due to work in 2019.

This is where I was introduced to the Ford Figo and it's 1.5 Diesel. My friend (and landlord), owned one. I ended up getting a feel of this car during our various drives around and I was bit by the bug to buy a new car.

There were 3 contenders, XUV 300, Ford Ecosport and Ford Figo. Long story short, Figo was chosen as, I would use this primarily for work and would travel alone. Family trips were once/ twice a year. Buying the other 2 just for this didn't make financial sense.

It was after I bought the Ford Figo, I realised I don't need to rush to get anywhere and enjoy the drive to the fullest. Of course, there are days, the car does egg me to push a little. That's when a quick drive to the nearest highway is warranted.

I dabble between a few things like cycling, photography, reading and mostly lazing.

Hope to catch you around the corner!

Cheers! (only if you have a designated driver)
balphanso is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 09:48   #2
BHPian

Re: Hello World!

Welcome to the forum, @balphanso!

The Ford's 1.5 TDCi is indeed a diesel monster. Putting that in a car as small and as well handling as the Figo, guarantees a lot of fun.

I remember driving the 1.5 TDCi in my college days. I enjoyed it so much that I wanted to have one in our family. However, the 10-year old Diesel ban rule here in Delhi made us change our decision.

Looking forward for more travel stories involving your Figo in the Travelogue section!
Siddy_1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 12:25   #3
BHPian

Hello balphanso, welcome to Team-BHP!

I guess we all have had our share of mishaps when we were learning to drive / were newbie drivers.

I remember a similar incident as yours. I was making a U-turn in my dad's Hyundai Verna and there was an extended portion of the divider that wasn't properly constructed. It was quite low to the ground but still high enough to make contact with the car's right side underbody. When I heard the "khhrrrrrr" noise, my heart just sank! Learnt a lesson that day

It is good to have you on board, balphanso. Looking forward to reading about your Ford Figo. Also, as you are into photography, do share some of the pictures that you have taken

Cheers,
Utkarsh
UtkarshC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 13:47   #4

Hi @balphanso,
I too have been lucky to have recently joined Team Bhp, also recently shifted to Seawoods, Navi Mumbai. Saw your post and decided to give a shout out incase we can meet up sometime soon...
Welcome aboard and great to see more join this space.

Cheers Vikram
Vicks79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 17:29   #5

Thanks all for a warm welcome!

@Siddy_1998 - Sad that we have such laws, but it is required as most vehicles aren't even road worthy with their emissions.
@UtkarshC - Yeah! Same sinking feeling!
@Vicks79 - Yes!! We should definitely catch up

Hello World!-image-1.jpg

Hello World!-image-2.jpg

Hello World!-image-3.jpg

Hello World!-image-4.jpg
balphanso is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 09:05   #6

Hi Balphanso,
We should definitely catch up. I read in your introduction that among others you also enjoy cycling. I too cycle around and will be heading to the Decathlon Belapur organized Cyclothon on 3rd June. If it works we could meet up there?
Would be interesting meet any other Team Bhpians on this event...

Cheers
Vikram
Old 1st June 2023, 12:53   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicks79 View Post
Hi Balphanso,
We should definitely catch up. I read in your introduction that among others you also enjoy cycling. I too cycle around and will be heading to the Decathlon Belapur organized Cyclothon on 3rd June. If it works we could meet up there?
Would be interesting meet any other Team Bhpians on this event...

Cheers
Vikram
Hey Vikram,

I have some family commitments on the weekend. But hopefully we can catch up sometime in the month.

Regards,
Blaise
Old 2nd June 2023, 16:33   #8

No Worries,
will catch up soon...

Cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks