Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2023, 12:36   #1

Hi to all Team-BHPians

Sincere thanks to the moderators for approving my membership to be among you all.

As a Mumbai kid, born & raised in the Western Suburbs, my family never encouraged us into cars & bikes. My Dad is eternally proud of Mumbai’s public transport & was very clear, if any of us wanted to own a vehicle it should be at our own cost & peril.
Post-graduation years were spent in Pune & Kolkata & these two cities are equally dear to me.
A mixed Science/Art education behind me, I choose a career as a Cinematographer in the world of Film/TV. This further allows me to explore some of the most unusual places in India & abroad.

I have been a cycle guy since childhood having owned them all from a Tri-cycle, BMX, Folding bike, Road bike, Electric bike & currently a Hybrid.

Cycling aside, I experienced a happy 4 year ownership of 2012 RE Desert Storm 500, a left knee injury was causing serious trouble during rides & sadly sold the RE in 2016.

Currently cruising around the mid 40s mark in life's journey, family is me & my lawyer better half who also happens to be much better driver than I am.

My journey into the automotive scene happened accidentally in the 2021 second Covid lockdown. One rainy August my older brothers 13-year-old Hyundai i10 Auto, suddenly landed on our doorsteps.
Having never driven a car till my early Forties I was quite reluctant, cars always felt cramped.
Slowly & surely the driving bug bit me.

Family decisions made us shift from Western Suburbs of Mumbai to Seawoods Navi Mumbai in October 2022. A shout out to all Navi Mumbai Team Bhpians...
After tons of combing through Team BHP, the Hyundai i10 which we had used for a year was exchanged for a 2022 Maruti XL6 Alpha Automatic.

Quite late in my life I discovered the advantages a car gets into one’s life. Hoping for many travels ahead on the XL6 & dream to own a ladder on frame design SUV whenever the right opportunity arises. Mahindra Thar Petrol AT & Maruti Suzuki Jimny AT seem like the most suitable candidates. If only somehow… Force Motors could produce a Gurkha with a AT option…

Till then every sunrise/moonrise brings with it new roads/drives and more adventures...

Thanks for reading!
Vicks79 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 12:57   #2
BHPian

re: Hi to all Team-BHPians

Welcome fellow Navi Mumbai Bhpian! I think moving here from the Western side is probably the best decision you’d have ever made. Are you part of the local cycling group?
Quite an interesting journey there. I think those who never had a car or bike growing up are the ones who tend to develop an addiction for them later on in life. Have a great time here. P.S. are we familiar with any of your cinematography?
Iyencar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 12:05   #3
BHPian

Re: Hi to all Team-BHPians

Welcome onboard! Another new addition to teambhp family is balphanso, who is also based out of Seawoods, Navi Mumbai. Maybe you both know each other already! If not, maybe you guys can catch up for a quick meet!
ObsessedByFIAT is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 13:42   #4

Re: Hi to all Team-BHPians

The move from Western Suburbs to Navi Mumbai has been liberating in many ways. I haven't yet joined any local cycling group yet but looking forward to doing so. I guess that people like me who get into motoring at a much later age come in quite settled with their driving manners. Regarding being familiar with my work in cinematography...
I have been lucky to have worked on some films which have a unique cult following "FANDRY" 2014, was my debut feature film, (Directed by Nagraj Manjule of "SAIRAT" fame).
'RIBBON" 2017 is another one really close to my heart,
Recently I was lucky to collaborate again with Nagraj Manjule on our latest April 23 theatrical film release "GHAR BANDOOK BIRYANI"...

Open to knowing what Team Bhpians think of these films....
Vicks79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks