Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2023, 17:44   #1
BHPian

Hello from Gotham's White Knight

Hello Everyone,
I am a Batman and Joker fan. I am really glad to be a part of team-bhp community. I am a businessman turned advocate. Until covid-19 hit the world, I had no plans to do anything other than my business. I had great interest in studying and wanted to be a Doctor but our education system is not very encouraging at the very least. All my Plans and interest went out of the window by the time I cleared 10th class. My teachers were so supportive that they kept saying I'll never get even 20 out of 100 but I kept disappointing them, too bad for them. By the time I cleared my B Com, I was just disappointed with our education system and I lost all my zeal to study. Our education system is still bad in my view. I can say I have seen my fair share of ups and downs, everyone has but never expected them to be this early in my life. I am in my late 20s, borderline 30 and still unmarried. I am a little bad at expressing or giving details, so relationships don't last longer. Almost all my buddies are married and have one or two children of their own, now I really want to cry .
Now about my interest in cars, it developed thanks to my friends and NFS. A red Porsche Boxter was first car that someone known to my dad brought with him for a visit. It was a two seater and I went for a ride in it as was blown away by its looks, pick up and speed. I was just a kid and Porsche was just added to my dream car list which was about to grow real big. I had been in other cars before but they were just 800s or esteems. There were two more but I don't remember them. Then I went to college and there came the change. Until then I was getting dropped by someone. Never thought of learning to drive but now there was a need. I wanted to boast my driving as well and drive my own car. So I enrolled in Maruti driving school. Thanks to a mistake by staff and my further argument with the owner, I was given a Ritz top model to learn how to drive. Otherwise it was just Alto 800 that was given to others. Never drove that till I graduated driving school. From second day onwards my friends started providing their cars to make me learn faster since my family didn't trust me enough. So I was driving various cars and experiencing a lot of things different between different brands and makes of cars. I drove City, Santro, Figo, Safari, i10, i20, Corolla, Ameo, Polo, Verna and Fabia. Earlier I was just a passenger but now I was the driver with bad reverse. It was my aunt's 800 that made my reversing so bad that I started doubting my driving skills. Then I got my own car a used accord which was good in everything except fuel economy. It stayed with me for a good 2 years. I also got to drive my friend's cousin's C class 2014 model. That drive was really good but until this point my heart was pumping for something more. Nothing clicked until I got my next beauty a black A6 diesel. That 3l engine was a bliss to drive. Then I totaled that beauty. My Uncle gave me his Endeavour 2018 for my occasional rides and I was mighty impressed with it. It was really good to ride and hard to believe that such a huge car can have this good handling. Kudos to Ford for this. I drove their Figo 1st and 2nd gen, Endeavour and Ecosport and all of them were impressive rides. I learned drifting on my friend's Figo and it got damaged on side which resulted in rare gate replacement on driver side. It wasn't me FYI but it helped me in improving my driving and also gave trauma which made me unable to drive others' cars without having shaky hands for a while. We should drive safe those cars were tanks compared to what we get today. I drive sedately most of time and am considered a responsible driver. I had to let go A6 due other reasons but that's personal stuff. A lot happened pre and post covid and I ended up broke with a law degree and without a car.
Now I am on a hunt for a new car since I have to travel a lot and travelling by public transport is killing me. Auto and bus drivers are playing GTA while Uber and OLA have turned to thug life. Uber charged me rs. 70 for cancellation while driver went wrong way and cancelled. Cherry on cake is they don't even have any customer care number to complain about all these.
My cars Wishlist is long and include a lot of discontinued or limited edition cars:
Lamborghini (a huge fan, I want all of them)
McLaren (Chinese new year edition)
Ferrari Italia, Purosangue, 812, 296, S90 Stradale and berlinetta
Porsche (Almost all their line up)
Bentley Mulsanne is Favorite but will have them all in my garage
Aston Martin DB series, Vantage, One
Maybach (got my uncle's to experience this February as my birthday gift. The ride quality blew me away. A must have as a Chauffeur driven car)
Lexus, Mazda, Infinity, VW, Skoda are a few other other brands that I would like to have in my garage. List is too long so I am cutting corners here. I also drove Porsche Cayenne. I was dead set on getting either that or newly launched Macan but family feud occurred and I missed my chance.
I recently test drove Octavia and really impressed with it but could not get it due to financial restraint. Let's hope it does come back so I can buy it. Otherwise I might move to US or UK to get one. I will be asking for your help to select a few of cars for me one these days but it'll take a little while due to me having viral fever.
Happy Miles Ahead to all of us.
Clown Prince is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 13:07   #2
BHPian

Re: Hello from Gotham's White Knight

Welcome to t-bhp @Clown Prince! Interesting intro, hope you enjoy your time here.
coloneljasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks