Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2023, 13:26   #1
BHPian

Everything comes to him who waits

Just got rewarded after reading and following team-bhp for 8 long years!

I started reading t-bhp from 2015 when I was in the market for my first car.(I came to know about it even before (2011) when i spotted a car with LTD sticker in my office parking lot) and was hooked to this forum ever since. Tried registering couple of times, but was rejected with no mercy. Since the entire forum was open for non-members, I was okay in continuing in 'read-only' mode. A few threads which recently went live rekindled my dreams of becoming a bhp-ian and replace the read only permissions with read-write. Made a registration, filled up the questions after a decent amount of thought and voila! here I am writing my self introduction. Patience is a virtue isn't it? I can say, my experience reading the form, the information i gathered from all these years helped me immensely while answering the registration form and winning the much awaited t-bhpian title.

A little background about myself - An 80's kid ,been a petrolhead like everyone else here. As a child there was just one thing that fascinated me - how things work. My dad thought i would end up becoming an mechanical engineer, I had different plans. Been in love with Physics, graduated in Physics and completed masters in Electronics. But then fate had something else in store for me. Like most other fresh graduates from the 2000's I also landed up on an IT job. Started with an Indian IT major, had my fair share of switching jobs across domains. I am now employed with a lesser known company and work as a contractor for an US Cargo airliner. At job, I do software integration between airline software products- almost every single one of them involved in flight operations - flight scheduling, flight planning, load planning, maintenance, regulatory, ACARS etc. Job involves working with third party providers of flight software and integrating them with my clients software infrastructure. It also includes testing out systems for sending out messages to pilots onboard via ACARS (flight computer) and receiving and processing their responses; so its fun at work too.

I ride a 2011 Honda Twster (my first ride)and a 2015 TVS Wego (realized a scooter is much easier for short commutes after you become a parent). I drive a 2015 Elite i20 Asta Diesel and the t-bhp official review along with the ownership review of @vinjosep helped a lot in making the purchase decision.

Outside of work and automobiles , I am an avid DIY'er, maker and a passionate weekend woodworker. I like to get my hands dirty fixing almost everything I can - staring from home appliances to automobiles. I make wooden stuff, scale models , scroll saw art and wood - epoxy resin projects; looking forward to share my work on the respective threads. I dream of some day when I can leave my current day job and turn a full time wood worker. (I am actively following The Retirement Planning Thread)

It has been a long intro, thanks for reading and looking forward to actively share my knowledge on other threads on the forum.

PS: Soon after my membership got approved, I 'won' a Rs.20 Spinn'win contest in amazon for the first time. Guess it is my lucky month. Thinking whether to pick a lottery ticket now.
d.w.w. is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 15:06   #2

Re: Everything comes to him who waits

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.w.w. View Post
Just got rewarded after reading and following team-bhp for 8 long years!

I started reading t-bhp from 2015 when I was in the market for my first car.(
PS: Soon after my membership got approved, I 'won' a Rs.20 Spinn'win contest in amazon for the first time. Guess it is my lucky month. Thinking whether to pick a lottery ticket now.
Hi D.w.w

Welcome from another chennaite & newbie here.

I was also like you "Read Only" mode for 6 Years.

I'm sure we will have good time here
Punto_Ntorq Guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks