Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2023, 18:46   #1
BHPian

Just another Chennaiite in Bangalore

Hello There

After multiple attempts, got my account approved finally. I am a native of Chennai, moved to Bangalore recently. I am a blogger, who writes about movies, and cricket. Also, a gadget geek and a driving enthusiast.

I owned an 89-model Yamaha RX 100 for years until recently giving it up in pursuit of a more mature lifestyle and health. Howsoever I modified it, I couldn't get the suspension of my RX100 to suit current roads and it started affecting my back. With a heavy heart, parted ways and decided to get behind cars. For someone, who was never a car person, it's surprising that I enjoy driving cars in the same breath I enjoyed my bike.

I initially owned a used i20, which I replaced with a 2022 Glanza. I am not a sedate driver. At the same time not a rash driver too. New rules, and increasing carefree two-wheelers on road, make it a hit or miss to drive beyond 120 even on highways nowadays. And speed warning beyond 120 tires me down often. So, I try to keep at 115 on highways.

Happy to connect with likeminded drivers and enthusiasts.
srkriz26 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 12:16   #2
BHPian

Re: Just another Chennaiite in Bangalore

Welcome @Srkriz26 to TBHP from another Chennaiite turned Bangalurean. Actually I've lived half of my life in these two cities exactly.

Its a natural progression from RX100 to cars. Bike obsession peaks during late 20s and tapers off as car obsession takes off but believe me, it would reappear during the mid 40s when you are through with cars albeit with a craving for bigger bike toys. Its called mid life crisis and we have a thread to discuss it too.

Last edited by srini1785 : 5th January 2023 at 12:18.
srini1785 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks