Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2022, 17:45   #1

Hello there!

Hello, people!
I'm Faceless, a teenager from God's Own Country.

After months of silent stalking on the forum, I have decided to take a step forward and officially join the forum, contributing my own silly opinions on the wonderful world of cars, which has managed to amaze me from day 1.

A short summary of the many cars I roam around on (though none of them are mine )-

1. 2008 Toyota Innova - G, 2.5L Diesel:
This car was actually bought by my grandparents to replace their long line of Maruti Cars (2 Omnis and 2 Zens!). My grandfather, having loved his brother's Qualis decided to go for a Toyota, and me being the toddler of the family, he decided to get a 7 seater for the added practicality. 14 Years and 205,000 kms later, the car still feels brand new! Typical Toyota Stuff!

2. 2013 Ford EcoSport - Titanium, 1.5L Diesel:
This car was the apple of my dad's eye. The day the car was launched, he rushed to the showroom to get it booked, without even choosing the colour (much to the dismay of my mother). It is an absolute beast of a car and we all have developed a special emotional attachment to it. It was bought to replace my dad's 2005 Hyundai Getz, and hence you can see why it was such an upgrade. 9 Years and 180,000 kms later, it has started showing its age. The whole engine was replaced under warranty at 50,000 kms when it suddenly failed without reason.

3. 2014 Toyota Innova - G, 2.5L Diesel:
Another Innova into the family. My grandparents were so impressed by the other Innova in the family (My mother's side) that they decided they had to get one of their own to replace their 2012 Ford Fiesta, ending their long relationship with Fords, except for the subtle link of the EcoSport (Ikon, another Ikon, OG Fiesta, another OG Fiesta, Fiesta Classic and Global Fiesta). The car's colour was a very rare one - Bronze Mica Metallic which was unavailable at every dealer in our vicinity. At last, we made our way to Nippon Toyota Kochi (biggest car dealership in India), where we saw the colour on a Camry, which was Toyota's flagship then. 8 Years and 250,000 kms later, the Toyota charm has not run out. Absolute gem of a workhorse.

4. 2020 Honda Amaze - V, 1.5L CVT Diesel:
As the EcoSport (and my dad!) started to show their age, the need of a new car came into the family. As no one wanted to let go of the EcoSport, we decided to get a compact sedan, preferably automatic. The Honda Amaze, by then had become the staple choice and we went for it. 2 Years and 35,000 kms later, the i-DTEC still rocks.

There's a small description about me, people. Looking forward to meeting y'all on the forum!
Faceless is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 18:07   #2
BHPian

re: Hello there!

Welcome to the forum! I am also a teenager, aged 16 as we speak, whose family has also had a relationship with Fords (2004 Ikon and 2006 Fiesta). That's a great set of cars in your family garage with quite a bit of their own unique history. I'd love to read more about them sometime; I'm intrigued to hear that the engine of your EcoSport failed at 50000 km. Nice to see your other cars serving you well, though.

Hope to see you around here soon.

Last edited by GForceEnjoyer : 14th December 2022 at 18:08.
GForceEnjoyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 16:07   #3

re: Hello there!

Thanks @GForceEnjoyer for the warm welcome! I do plan on writing a 200,000 kms ownership review for the EcoSport and have already started on one for the 2008 Innova! Also, glad to meet someone the same age with a history with Fiestas!
Faceless is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks