Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2022, 10:28   #16
BHPian

Re: Being married to a Team-BHPian

Welcome aboard!

What a fantastic start for the day! After reading the first 2 Paras, I couldn't resist sharing this with all my auto enthusiast acquaintances who have been married to unenthusiastic wives.

Hope those wives can get inspired by you and learn to differentiate the tyre rubbers as well!
2TR-FE is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 10:44   #17
BHPian

Welcome MrsCarEnthusiast to the forum. Loved your introduction. It's really cool to see that you got interested to cars which earlier wasn't your cup of tea. I hope I too would be lucky enough to find a person who is interested in cars. Would love to travel and share the driving seat with my future better half.

Keep revving,
RR96
RR96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 11:24   #18
BANNED

I am reminded the first meeting a car enthusiast friend had with his future partner.

He started describing his car and all that he had done to it - that it was a particular limited edition production run, had lowered suspension, a staggered set up, free flow exhaust, stage 3 ECU tune and then went on to describe the 0-100 times, handling, braking distances etc etc etc

After a while he asked her “And what car do you drive?”

She replied “A blue one”.
EV NXT is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 11:28   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsCarEnthusiast View Post
I have been enjoying marital bliss for over two years now. !!
Welcome!
Bhpians wives do tend to become bhpians. My missus did too, and her primary purpose for that was to get a forum jacket embossed with her handle!

Enjoy your stay here.
mayankk is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 11:41   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Now, whenever I see "Live to drive" stickers behind cars and even autorickshaws, it brings a smile to my face. And now, our son is barely a year old, and he is already fascinated by anything with wheels.. and so I can already see a future teamBHPian evolving !!
Welcome to the forum and loved reading your post - its amazing to see how to community is growing and more and more people ( Enthusiasts ) come to the fold.
Old 15th December 2022, 12:06   #21
BHPian

Welcome aboard @MrsCarEnthusiast

Very cool introduction. Can totally relate to this. So now my wife not only takes an active interest in the purchase decision of our car, but also sits with me through the F1 weekend inclusive of free practices, qualifying, sprint races & race days.
sanjayrozario is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 12:09   #22
BHPian

Quote:
I never said that my husband is from Trissur
I was hoping someday we will have the numbers for an active Team BHP community here in Thrissur

Excellent start. Welcome to the Forum.
CoolFire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 13:33   #23
Senior - BHPian

Excellent post and reflections. I could relate to my past where my wife and I discovered and embraced this forum together (although only I 'applied').

I would like to call out that auto enthusiasts group in India still have the baggage of the past and are not the flag bearers of diversity. Hope OP's story encourages more 'dual account' families

I wish the OP develops own individual opinion, views and tastes further whilst enjoying reading, driving, riding and beyond!
GeeTee TSI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 13:51   #24
BHPian

In addicted to teambhp thread, your husband should post about how he got a girl crazy about cars, waited for her to be member of Team-BHP and then coerced her into writing a post that tells everyone around how big he is an enthusiast

All in light mood!

Sarcasm aside, now my wife also knows a lot about cars than before. She can identify premium hatch from a B segment hatch these days. Now she knows, not all sedans(<4m) are better than hatchbacks. Other day she asked me to put Live to Drive stickers on our car as well to tell world that someone inside is also a bhpian.
Hispaniola is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 14:14   #25
BHPian

Quote:
I pretended to understand everything he said about cars.. but soon, my charade came crashing down one day when he realised that I didn't even recognise an Innova on the road.

From then on, my husband took on the role of a well-versed teacher, and me, that of a kindergarten student; and he took over the mission to instill knowledge of vehicles into my brain.
Exactly!
5 coincidences to say here from my side:

1st - Same as you said, she was also pretending and she couldn’t tell the car name which was also an Innova

Quote:
Earlier I knew only two types of cars : the smaller ones I called "Cars", and the larger ones I called "Jeep".
Now my husband can brag, because I can name atleast one car starting with every letter of the English alphabet; moreover, I know the difference between SUVs, sedans and hatchbacks; I can also differentiate electric cars, rental cars and taxis by the colour of their number plates.
2nd - I took charge same like your husband did & she can name a car by seeing it & alphabetically as well & recognises number plates, colour purpose.

Quote:
Every night, a few minutes are devoted to scourging through the latest trending threads on team BHP. It is like his sleeping pill; perhaps, a little more addictive.
3rd - This is exactly happening & she’s interested in knowing car topics. And I’m addicted too.

Quote:
Now, whenever I see "Live to drive" stickers behind cars and even autorickshaws, it brings a smile to my face.
4th - She says, “Hey! This car is a team-BHP members”

Quote:
And I mean it when I say every topic under the sun. In fact, when our son was born, we selected a name for him from a teamBHP thread on Hindu boy names! So, I guess I shall forever be indebted to teamBHP.
Thank you so much for this info, I’m about to name my son & I’ll definitely go here to find one. I wasn’t knowing such thread exists here.

And, 5th coincidence - guess what & this is BIG!

We’re going to purchase a City in coming months.

I wanted her to write our short listing & purchase experience review as her first post in this forum as soon as we get the City to home & she already penned down similar introduction, what a major coincidence
She might have to modify now

BTW, welcome!

Last edited by Turbanator : 15th December 2022 at 14:27. Reason: Only 2 smileys allowed.
SaiChaithanya is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 15:43   #26
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to this great forum.

These days, women are also beginning to travel great distances by car. My acquaintance routinely drives her Innova to Salem, and she is familiar with the intricacies of the vehicle.

Best Wishes to you.
Old 15th December 2022, 16:02   #27

What a head start in this forum. I can relate many of your views to me and still strugling to enlighten my better half to live up to TBHP and she is still in the learning stage.

Welcome to this forum.
Old 15th December 2022, 16:29   #28
cka
BHPian

Hats off to you for learning. I too tried to be a good teacher, but my better half just "refused" to learn this subject. However, now she never forces me to read her favorite stuffs as she knows I will open a tbhp page for her to read in exchange.
Old 15th December 2022, 16:45   #29
BHPian

Me better half learnt driving in Dubai in 2000 and I made sure she gets DL for manual Gears.
She got job as School Teacher and always had her separate Car (Kia Sedan, SWB Pajero equivalent and 2 door RAV4) although she was entitled for free School Bus.
Much later, I started taking her to join me in my Car for off road drives. Somewhere in the middle of the desert, I would force her to drive, while I navigated. Would need lot of coaxing and eventually she would take the steering wheel which she never let go till we were back on tarmac. Heard her chant the glory of God throughout.
Amrik Singh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 17:24   #30
Senior - BHPian

Great Introduction @MrsCarEnthusiast. Welcome to the Forum

Can totally relate to your post as I have seen similar transition in my better half. She now can tell which car has an AMT, which one has a TC,DCT or CVT etc atleast till 15-20L cars.

Btw its been more than a couple of days your thread is live. Its hard to believe Mr.CarEnthusiast hasn't seen this yet? Or is he deliberately delaying breaking the suspense?

Last edited by SoumenD : 15th December 2022 at 17:26.
SoumenD is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks