Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2022, 00:17   #1
BHPian

I promise to give you something exciting in the coming few days

Hey, everyone. It's me, the boring rider. Special thanks to the mods for approving my account and making me a part of this wonderful community. I had been waiting from a long time and finally the timing of my account approval feels like a sign from the universe. More on that later.

I am 25 years old from Chennai. I was a CA student, cleared all the levels except the Final but couldn't go through due to certain personal reasons. My career path had a complete 180 in line for me and now I work in US Taxation and I'm not even a CA. Life works in strange ways, isn't it?

I came across Team-bhp while reading some bike reviews years ago and it has never left my head since then. I started checking out more and found myself engrossed in reading for hours at a time. I have gained so much knowledge from this place and also sincerely believe it has made me a better & more mature rider than before. I used to be a "squid" in my initial days of riding. I would attribute this to bad company and immaturity and thankfully, I'm the complete opposite of it now hence the username.

My interests outside the automotive field are too many to list. I am open-minded and curious about lots of things although may not be as dedicated to them. To name a few would be casual photography, EDM and concerts, interest in cooking although I don't know a single dish. Maybe I just like the idea of me cooking more than me actually cooking anything? I like to think deep and hard about life's existential questions, about why people behave the way they do and all that stuff. I am serious about everything most of the time and should learn to let go most of the times. Oh, and I also dabble a little in stock markets.

Inside the automotive scene, I love road trips and want to travel internationally on my bike. The van life also seems quite fascinating to me and if possible, I would love to try it out once. I am nowhere close to buying cars right now so mostly my focus would be on bikes.

At last, I have booked a bike last week, a very interesting one at that and hopefully would be one among the first to post ownership experiences about it, if not the first. I won't tell you which bike it is of course. From reading ownership reviews to posting one, I sure have gotten a promotion.

Also, if any individuals/groups from Chennai are there, let me know, I would be happy to join those and meet/go for rides. I can do just enough socializing as the situation requires but I'm no massive extrovert.
Boringrider is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 07:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: I promise to give you something exciting in the coming few days

Going by your post, I somehow feel that the actual you is an exact opposite of what your handle intends to suggest .

Apart from the interesting bits you shared about yourself, what impresses me most is the neat, structured way that you have chosen to present your views here; it is indeed difficult to believe that you are in your maiden post - no formatting errors, no mod changes, not even a self edit!

Congratulations on getting the membership. Would love to read your experiences - automotive and otherwise - in the days to come.
dailydriver is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 11:15   #3
BHPian

Re: I promise to give you something exciting in the coming few days

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Going by your post, I somehow feel that the actual you is an exact opposite of what your handle intends to suggest .

Apart from the interesting bits you shared about yourself, what impresses me most is the neat, structured way that you have chosen to present your views here; it is indeed difficult to believe that you are in your maiden post - no formatting errors, no mod changes, not even a self edit!

Congratulations on getting the membership. Would love to read your experiences - automotive and otherwise - in the days to come.
Thank you for the kind words. A lot of experienced riders would call me a bit slow if they ride with me. And they're not entirely wrong. From being a squid, I now err a little bit more on the side of caution. So that means driving conservatively. There are many times where I intentionally go slower on city roads even if the road is wide open. There are certain gaps in traffic I don't take which many would. I sometimes drive like a car even when there is a gap through which a bike can easily pass through. But I don't mind these things because if there's one thing I learned from here, it's to always drive/ride within your confidence limits and never let ego take over. So I don't really mind being 5 minutes late to the destination. The peace of mind is worth it to me.

As far as my writing structure and neatness goes, that is something I have been praised about in my professional/personal life as well. Being a straight-A grade student does that to you.
Boringrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks