Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2022, 11:50   #1
d.j
BHPian

Hi guys! Happy to be here

Dear All,

A warm greeting to all the team-bhp members, a big Thankyou to the administrator/moderator for accepting and letting me be a part of this wonderful community. Each and every member over here is an inspiration, are truly admirable for the resources, knowledge they contribute to this forum. High accolades to the founding members those who could vision this at time when the internet things weren’t at all strong around us. following is little brief about me, who, what kind.

My name is Dinesh JHAMNANI, am 46 years old, born in Ajmer ( town in Rajasthan, about 2 hrs. away from Jaipur), now settled in Mumbai since last 20 years. Did my formal education in Ajmer and then left for the journey most of us undertake further far for education and career opportunities. I work in field of international sales – exports, before finally arriving in Mumbai did assignments in middle east, Africa and far east, had lot of opportunity to travel, done about 50-60 countries around all the continents. Not a hard core technical person but do understand cars, the social and institutional eco system around it, believe in equal rights of roads to everyone, safety as paramount and very excited about future of cars in India

So Everyone loves cars, obvious reasons, but very few have that extra nerve, I think my relation though not a perfect display of it today dates back to my childhood, My early child hood was a tough time for the machines around us at home. I used to open most of the things which were bolted, had a screw, may perform any type of motion, play or move. the target would be decided based on the equipment at hand, like if I would get my hands on a size 11 spanner, the machine or equipment in whichever and wherever this spanner will fit, I will open that. similar fashion way for a screwdriver or say a hammer. the excuse was to perfect or repair the machine, in turn many of these would get spoiled or damaged. my mom’s Luna, dad’s Yezidi and fiat too faced it.

Now sure things are different, Time elapsed and other routine took place of what I could do – sure nothing destructive anywhere, hopefully now can return to good things around what seemed like an admiration to me.

In all I have driven/ridden – Luna/Yezidi/hero Honda/ kinetic Honda/fiat/tata indica/Maruti esteem/first gen Honda city/polo Gt Tsi/Tiguan Tdi, among these esteem and Honda city weren’t owned by us but still driven as daily commute for couple of years.

Few of my quick wish list around the current car-driving scene in india are,

1.Cover home-office 18 kms in 30 mins one way.
2.No nonsense and straightforward dealerships and insurance providers.
3.Strong AI enabled cars and infrastructures, watching – rewarding – penalizing, driving behaviors.
4.Each individual allowed to claim tax/depreciation on buying of 1 car every 7 years. Bring us at par with business people.
5.Zero road deaths.

Can’t wait to talk, interact with you guys, look forward for friends around (not a Facebook person)!, Bye for now and see you guys around!

Cheers!
DJ
d.j is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 17:20   #2
BHPian

re: Hi guys! Happy to be here

Welcome to the forum, Dinesh!
The first motorised 2 wheeler I rode was the Luna Super and I remember being terrified and amazed. We too had a Fiat/Premier back in the 80s.
Old 1st June 2022, 18:08   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Hi guys! Happy to be here

Welcome to TBHP, @d.j

Nice intro there. Did you own / drive any cars during your assignments abroad ?

That wishlist is interesting, though getting even half of that will be an achievement considering the kind of traffic conditions we have in India. Not every state is Mizoram

Wishing you long happy journey on TBHP. Do have a look at the rules/regulations/announcements section too.

Cheers !
Old 2nd June 2022, 14:47   #4
d.j
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy.S View Post
Welcome to the forum, Dinesh!
The first motorised 2 wheeler I rode was the Luna Super and I remember being terrified and amazed. We too had a Fiat/Premier back in the 80s.
Hi Roy,

Thank you and Good to know of you, Luna that time was the best thing that could have happened to me, ours's was red color with round headlights and split seats, this later I got changed to one full flat seat, just to be from that current time. Fiat too have lot of beautiful memories, sometime wish time travel to past exists, there is no match of those times.

Hope to stay in touch.

Regards,
DJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Welcome to TBHP, @d.j

Nice intro there. Did you own / drive any cars during your assignments abroad ?

That wishlist is interesting, though getting even half of that will be an achievement considering the kind of traffic conditions we have in India. Not every state is Mizoram

Wishing you long happy journey on TBHP. Do have a look at the rules/regulations/announcements section too.

Cheers !
Hi Condor,

Thanks for your note, its good to hear from you and it's very inspiring when it comes from a distinguished members.

No, I didn't own any cars during my international assignments, would use local transport or taxis depending on the country.

Yes, true, but hopefully sooner or later we as country do come to see that time. Figures crossed!. Agreed for rules, protocols these are integral to the community, Thanks to remind.

Hope to stay in touch!

Regards/ DJ.

Last edited by bblost : 2nd June 2022 at 15:19. Reason: back to back.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed