Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2022, 15:41   #1
BHPian

Hello Team-BHPians :)

Hello everyone,

My name is Divyanshu but people call me DC. So glad to finally become a part of the community after years of reading and helping myself, my family and friends to make sound car-buying decisions along with learning from the experiences of all the petrolheads here.

I am 29 and currently working as a Data Analyst at a Big 3 consulting firm. Cars are my first love right from the age of 3 when my father owned a Green Fiat Padmini. I remember always standing in the back looking at the road and the cars in front of us, imagining the time when I would be behind the wheels. My parents tell me how I used to remember the names of cars while still in Nursery class learning ABCD.

As a grew up, becoming a car race driver used to be my answer when someone asked me what I want to become. Over the years, life took a different path for sure but my love for cars has been a constant.

After Padmini, my family welcomed Daewoo Matiz (2000), Maruti Swift (2005), Hyundai Verna (2012), and Honda Jazz (2017). We have always kept the latest 2 cars for us which my father and I primarily drive. Finally, in 2022, I bought my own first car, the all-new Honda City (5th Gen Petrol VMT) bidding adios to the Verna which I had been driving mostly for the past 4 years. It was during my search for my own first car is when I became an avid Team-BHP forum reader once again and thanks to the feedback from the existing City 5G owners, I was able to choose City 5G. I wish to give back to this community in form of sharing my own City 5G experiences along with engaging with my fellow Petrolheads to discuss all things automotive.

Apart from being an automobile enthusiast, I also love writing and reading non-fiction books. I am also a published author of a novel titled 'My Experiments with Love'. Eagerly looking forward to engaging with everyone and ensuring to follow the forum rules to the best of my knowledge. Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Hello Team-BHPians :)-ce2b60efebdb43b3bf5bbee50d721bea.jpg  

divirokr is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th April 2022, 14:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hello Team-BHPians :)

Hello there,

You knowing the car names when learning the ABC takes me back to my childhood years in Dubai and I was exactly the same. I guess most of us are like this

The Padmini was the first car at home for many of us and I too had a green Padmini in my garage. Simple and old school, I still miss it to this day. Do tell us more about the Matiz as well. A very underrated car.

Looking forward to your posts on the forum and a review of your Honda City.

See you around.
Dippy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2022, 10:00   #3
BHPian

Re: Hello Team-BHPians :)

I am at home here indeed.

Matiz for me was the first car with new-age features like AC, Remote Central locking, etc and I still remember back then some of its features like turn indicators automatically stopping after completing the turn felt like magic and were actually showcased as a feature by the sales guy. Back then we had participated in some photo competition with the Matiz and got 3 scaled models of Matiz as a gift which we sadly don't have anymore.

And then, as Daewoo shut its operations, we sold it after 5 years to a relative. My relatives used it for many years as a secondary car and as the car completed 15 years, I got a chance to drive it for a few kilometers and it felt so good driving the car which began my everlasting love for cars.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks