Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2022, 20:50   #1
BHPian

Hello there

Hello everyone, glad to be a part of an excellent community. I have spent quite a while going through the many threads of discussions and recently I decided on something (more on that later) so I finally decided to join.

A bit about myself. I am a guy touching my 30's and a resident of Kolkata. I am an IT professional who has recently co-founded a startup, so I am always neck deep in work . I have always been a motorhead. My oldest memory of anything seriously related to motoring is a F1 2000 CD that my father bought for me. That exposed me to the world of high speed, high octane world of motorsport racing even before I was able to draw a car well. It introduced me to big shot automotive brands from around the world. And I have never looked back since.

I used to scribble brand logos behind my notebook, and before the tenth standard, I was drawing full fledged bikes and cars and even designed and modeled my own car in a 3D modeling software (nothing out of the world lol). My father owned a second hand Maruti 800 and I wished to learn to drive. He took me to a nearby quarry, since it was pretty "empty", and tried to teach me. Unfortunately the geography of the region scared the wits out of me and I never touched the steering wheel again, until recently, more on that later, I promise.

During my college first year, I got involved in Baja India and later Formula Student India. I was in charge of designing, modelling and simulating the vehicles. We were successful in building the first formula car for our college which we were able to take to the circuit. We got a DNF but hey, that was a once in a lifetime experience. I was pretty much decided in joining the automotive industry but times were tough and when I got the opportunity to work in IT, I took it. I was as interested in IT related stuff as automobiles so it was not a bad situation for me.

Nothing much happened the next 7 years. I used to keep purchasing Autocar and Overdrive to ensure that I was abreast of the developments in the automotive sector. Also, I would lurk in these forums, especially since Google would suggest threads from here all the time!After the pandemic died down a bit in the last few months, I decided that I needed to get back in the game and I can't do it without owning a car in the first place. And for that I need to learn to drive first. So, I headed off to the nearest Maruti Driving School and got myself registered. During this time, I realised that I should finally join the forums for real.

So, here I am. I have completed 5 driving classes of 20 and am planning to buy my first car soon. I have pretty much locked on to the Altroz turbo, unless they release a facelift before that.

My dream car would be the Lamborghini Aventador cause heck, since I am dreaming so why not dream big! Apart from technology and automobiles, I am interested in music, gaming, aviation and astronomy/astrophysics.

Well, that's mostly all about me. Pleased to be here!
Garud is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 20:42   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello there

Welcome to the forum Garud. That’s some interesting bunch of hobbies you’ve pursued while in college.

Look forward to reading more about your automotive journey once you get your first car - one’s first automobile is always very very special. I hope you create some lovely memories with it.

Cheers

Last edited by Axe77 : 6th April 2022 at 06:00. Reason: Minor typo
Axe77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 21:05   #3
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to the forum Garud and hope you have a nice stay. As Axe has mentioned above, you have got a nice set of hobbies. Participating in Baja India must have been a great experience.

Wish you all the best for your driving lessons, driving test and your first car!
BlackPearl is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 21:13   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to the forum Garud, that’s an interesting name for a Motörhead. You have lived and experienced a dream for many- designing a formula car and taking it to the circuit. Wishing you all success in your learning and owning the car endeavour. May be, someday, our paths will cross on the roads too.

Regards.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2022, 20:37   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
Wthat’s an interesting name for a Motörhead.
Unfortunately, that's not my real name. Its a nick that I use to go around online
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks