Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2022, 03:08   #1

A big hello to fellow BHPians from Jersey City, USA

I am Navin, originally from Chennai currently residing in Jersey City, USA. I am in my late thirties and working in financial services in New York. Residing in US for the past 9+ years. Even though I joined just now, I was a regular reader of T-BHP from 2018. I like the unbiased reviews and comments in this forum.

My first set of wheels is TVS 50 at the age of 11 and continued with Suzuki Max 100 R in the teen years and friend's RX100.

The first vehicle i own was Yamaha RX 100 at the age of 21 and Yamaha gladiator at 24 years. My car driving in India was limited to friend and family member's Alto, Sumo, Ambassador. My real interest in cars started at the age of 24 where I started to research more about cars. Before I could buy a car, I moved to USA.

In USA, I was fortunate to drive multiple cars (as rental cars and test drives) and the first car I owned was Mazda 6 sedan after 30+ test drives/rental car drives of different cars (More on that later). I have a liking for fun to drive cars and Mazda 6 served me for 60K miles in 6 years across 13 US states in snow storms, mud roads, tropical storms with winds trying to uproot the car, ghat sections, rolling hills, highways, beaches (Yes, there are places you can legally take your car to beaches)

I have to part with our beloved Mazda 6 after the rust issues in the frame (it was caused by my mistake while driving in a u-pick vegetable farm).

I currently own Jaguar F-Pace in Italian Racing Red color. I am a big SUV critic but was blown away by the ride and handling of the F-Pace. My first experience with Jaguar was little dramatic and Jaguar XF was on my mind as next car when i own Mazda 6. The F-pace replaced that place when wifey and child voted me out 2-1 in SUV Vs Sedan debate.

Looking forward to be a good contributor of whatever i know, stand corrected on whatever misconception i have and leverage the experience and opinion of the forum members on the information i need.

Once again, happy to join Team-BHP.

Last edited by aah78 : 24th March 2022 at 22:37. Reason: Welcome to the forum. Post fixed. Please proof read before posting. Thanks!
Navinprakash is offline   (9) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 24th March 2022, 10:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: A big hello to fellow BHPians from Jersey City, USA

Hello Navinprakash,

Welcome to the forum, its great to have you on board!

That's an amazing set of bikes you've owned in your early 20s, especially the Yamaha RX100.

Also, the Jaguar F-Pace is definitely an excellent upgrade from the Mazda 6. Would love to hear about your ownership experience of the SUV in the USA.

Looking forward to your contributions on the forum.

Cheers
Rahul N
Old 24th March 2022, 19:13   #3

Thanks @RahulNagaraj. I am planning to write a purchase and ownership of both Mazda6 and Jaguar F-Pace soon.
Old 2nd April 2022, 00:21   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navinprakash View Post
I have to part with our beloved Mazda 6 after the rust issues in the frame (it was caused by my mistake while driving in a u-pick vegetable farm).
Welcome onboard Navin.

Nice to read your story. I'm also a big Mazda fan and like you have been a SUV critique till I drove some fun to drive SUV's and now I cannot go back to a sedan.

Incidentally, I used to own a Mazda 6 then a Mazda CX9 before moving into the world of BMW.

Enjoy your stay here and hope to see your F-pace ownership report on forum soon.

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd April 2022 at 02:08. Reason: Quote trimmed. Please quote ONLY relevant portions of posts. Thanks.
Old 3rd April 2022, 04:20   #5

Thank you @mobike008. Nice to hear from another Mazda fan.

I wish Mazda opened its shop in India. If that ever happened, there would have be many fans in T-BHP for Mazda.

I will be writing a detailed ownership report of my beloved Mazda (which happened to be my first car) and Jaguar F-Pace
Navinprakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 05:22   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navinprakash View Post
Thank you @mobike008. Nice to hear from another Mazda fan.

I wish Mazda opened its shop in India. If that ever happened, there would have be many fans in T-BHP for Mazda.

I will be writing a detailed ownership report of my beloved Mazda (which happened to be my first car) and Jaguar F-Pace
They should definetly launch their products in India and it will meet with great success. They should start with their smaller products like Mazda 3, CX-30 and CX-5. Not sure if they even have India on their radar.

Look forward to your Mazda ownership report soon. Cheers !
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks