Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2022, 23:21   #1
BHPian

Greetings from California

Hello fellow Team-BHPians

Finally, after three attempts in six years, my membership got approved last week.

I am Raghava Jagadeesh from Srisailam Project, Andhra Pradesh but I settled in Bengaluru. I hold a Ph.D. degree in Neuroscience from one of the reputed institutes (NIMHANS) in Bangalore. Post-PhD, I moved to the US in September 2021. Currently, I am a post-doctoral research scholar at the University of California, Davis. I research how our brains make memories specifically in a region called the hippocampus, which is critical for spatial navigation and representation of the world around us. Besides my profession and interest in cars, I am a passionate wildlife photographer and traveler. My hometown is located amid the largest tiger reserves in India, so I developed a lot of interest in forests and wildlife. I also write some blog articles related to science and technology.

I owned a Ford Figo Aspire 1.5-liter DCT when I was in Bengaluru. Our family (twin brother) also owns a Volkswagen Vento TSI DSG. I was sad when I heard the news that Ford is exiting the Indian market. I just sold the car two weeks before the news broke. After moving to the US, last month I bought a pre-owned but like new, a VW Passat Limited Edition Kings Metallic Red. I said it's used like new because it was driven only 196miles at the time of purchase. Owning a VW car is my dream unfulfilled when I was in India. I will soon share my experience of buying a car here in the US along with several other exciting posts. I'm very happy to be part of this great forum, looking forward to this new journey.
Rajamass is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 10:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Greetings from California

Hi Rajamass,

Welcome to Team-BHP!

Sedans are a dying breed. Sadly, VW no longer offers the Passat in India. I'm glad you're able to experience it and on far better roads.

It would be great to read your perspective on the US-spec Passat. Looking forward to that.

Cheers!
TusharK
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks