Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2022, 23:32   #1

Hello World!

Hi All,

I moved to the US in the middle of the Pandemic (March 21) and for someone from Chennai to move to Midwest, the winter was probably not the best period to be doing anything but sleeping. Between work and pale ales on a Sunday, I thought I should apply for the membership again and Voila, approved!! (had applied for the third time in a span of 10 years )

Currently residing in Troy, Ohio and drive a 2021 Mazda CX-5. Honestly it was terrible getting caught in the used car market with the demand of used cars going bonkers, I decided to get the car as I was doing an average daily ride of ~100+ Miles.

I'm a manufacturing professional, who works with OEMs (Auto and Industrial Manufacturing) for the good part of last three years, I've been around Trucks (Class 3-8) and Cars in their assembly lines.

I've owned a Enfield 350, Good ol' Esteem and Logan. Still have a Tiago in Chennai (Loved the car and its idling now with my parents using them over the weekends)

Happy to be a part of this forum.

Cheers,
Dr.Mfg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 00:54   #2
BHPian

Welcome to the Forum Dr. Mfg. I wish the car market cools down, would be buying a used car in the coming months and as per trend I don't think the next one or two years the prices are going to go down. Hope they do. Do share a picture of your ride. Happy driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Mfg View Post
I've owned a Enfield 350, Good ol' Esteem and Logan. Still have a Tiago in Chennai (Loved the car and its idling now with my parents using them over the weekends)
Which Enfield was that, the older one or the UCE? We had an Esteem too in our family, a 2005 Model.

Last edited by Aditya : 9th March 2022 at 08:01. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 9th March 2022, 11:21   #3
BHPian

Re: Hello World!

Hello hello. Are you by any chance associated with the Honda plant down there ? I used to live a few hundred miles nor of there for a few years. Toledo. Friend used to work at the Honda plant and had lots of stories from back in the day.
Welcome to the forum.

Regarding Ohio , as you are near the southern part do drive down to the Smokey mountains sometime and then do make a trip to the skydiving airstrip near Cincinnati. Once you jump a few times I believe you become eligible for HALO jumping (after some checks), don’t quote me on that though.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks