Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2022, 13:08   #1

Hello There, Fellow BHPians!

My excitement level was through the roof when I read the mail saying "Team-BHP Membership APPROVED!. Soon enough ideas about my first few posts started oozing out my pores, but had to press brakes due to the relatively tighter schedule of a student. The great thing about not rushing with a post earlier was that I came across this "Introduce Yourself" section, allowing me to acquaint myself with the posting interface of the forum before creating a proper first post

Spoiler: a post on the XUV700 shall be arriving soon on the "Mahindra XUV700 Review" Thread
(link (Mahindra XUV700 Review))

A little bit about me...

I am a student in class 12, graduating from school in a few months. I am pursuing engineering right now. I live in NCR (Noida) and hope not to be here in a few months when I go to college.

About my interest in cars and my arrival to Team-BHP...

For as long as my memory goes back, I have been very interested in cars and tech. And of course, as a child having seen the Fast and Furious movies only sparked it further.
(This is going to be a bit of a story so head down for the TLDR.)
But what actually heightened this passion of mine quite a bit recently was the situation we were in recently. So we had a 2009 Swift VDi and and a 2013 Vento TDI. We didn't really know about the diesel rule in NCR and what exactly the situation on ground was.
One day we were returning from Karol Bag (in Delhi) in our swift. A police officer made us pull over for a general check. Asked for our papers and saw that the vehicle was over 10 years older. He was quite understanding so didn't immediately impound our car but gave us a stern warning to get rid of it as soon as possible . So we had to sell it quickly and we did.
Due to the lockdowns, we didn't immediately need a second car. But then finally in September 2021, we thought it was time to start looking as we got to know about the really long wait times on cars now and considering that our vento was also nearing the 10 years (I know it's not really 10 years but getting to close or crossing the 10 years takes a bit off the resale too I guess so) we had to start looking for two cars, one as our primary family car and the other as a secondary car.
Back when my parents had bought the Vento, I was too young to actually understand stuff about buying cars and everything, but this time, oh this time I was so ready! Researching for the cars led to me watching a lot of videos from Autocar, Faisal Khan (shoutout to other fans of the FK-R tribe!) and a lot of other channels. Sometime during all this, I also came across Team-BHP!
Ever since, I've been visiting this forum at least once a day everyday.

TL;DR: Had two diesel cars, 10 year rule in NCR made us sell one of them, and the other was not too far from the 10 year mark. So we started looking for cars to replace them. Hours of youtube went into understanding the general consensus about the different cars on the market. Somewhere along all of this was also when I had come across this amazing community.

About the cars we own...

So as discussed earlier, we had the 2009 VDi Swift (in the Silver colour), but now its in someone else's hopefully loving hands. We have the 2013 Vento TDI (in the Terra Beige colour) which still drives like a charm and realistically would run for the next 7-8 with the german finesse, without any major problems, if not for the ill-planned 10 year rule. Last week, we welcomed a beautiful black beast into our garage, the XUV700. And a post on the same shall be coming on the review thread as soon as possible

Any pointers on crafting a better post are welcome and highly appreciated. Thank you!
Maverick3094 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 17:33   #2
BHPian

Re: Hello There, Fellow BHPians!

Welcome to the forum

I too am a caterpillar on this forum, there is much to learn and share here

Congratulations on the XUV700
Sarath_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 17:37   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello There, Fellow BHPians!

Welcome to Team-BHP Maverick3094 and look forward to your contributions to the forum.

Cheers.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks