Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2021, 16:09   #1
BHPian

Dream come true! Finally, can have the Team-BHP stickers on my car.

Hello BHPians

Note : This is going to be my first ever and introduction post in this forum and could be a lengthy one as I am super excited to finally be part of it. I have got lots and lots to share about my dream of becoming member of this forum, how I survived 4 rejected attempts and waited all these 10+ years to have team bhp sticker on my car. Yes, I don't wanted to have it on my car unless being member of this forum.

First of all a big thank you to all the moderators who have been involved in the reviewing process of my registration and finally giving me a chance to be part of this wonderful platform. Given a chance, I would like to personally meet you all and threw a newbie party,

Little about myself:

I chose to keep my forum ID as my original name Ravi Gowda ( didn't strike any fancy name at the time of registration attempt, ha ha). As said, myself Ravi Gowda, I am 35years old, who have been avid reader of Team bhp for more than a decade now ( since ever I gained access to Internet, thanks to my first job ). I am basically from Mysuru, Karnataka but working in Namma Bengaluru. I am into cyber security domain and working as an associate manager in reputed firm. Apart from automobiles am interested in cyber security, interior designing and house plans ( I always wanted to pursue engineering in Civil or Mechanical but ended up in Computer's stream ).
I proudly say, team bhp have helped me gain majority of knowledge in automobiles. I have learnt riding and driving on my own without going to any classes. I have around 1.5lakh KMS of driving experience and always preferred safe driving. Safety has been my top priority and rarely does high speed drives if only road permits. Another reason for maintaining safe speeds are for extracting better mileage ( I have this habit of boasting about my driving skills and car's fuel efficiency in front of my wife, lol). Of course, have achieved some better figures too and have been appreciated by Ford once. If time permits, I'll share all my previous experiences in another posts.

About vehicles owned :

Currently own Renault Duster rxl + diesel (pre owned) and my wife's Yamaha Fascino (so far, I have only ridden it more than her).

Hero Honda CBZ was my first ever vehicle bought by my parents during college days (Buying experience of this can be told in episodes, it was that bad and life changing). First ever car our family owned was Maruti 800 (pre owned) which served us only for 2 years because of many issues and mechanical failures. But it personally gave me a good hand experience on automobiles and helped know how stuffs works. After this every car we owned was personally searched, shortlisted and test driven by me (no mechanics involved). Luckily, none of them turned out to be as bad as 800 and served us well. Cars owned after Maruti 800 were Ford Ikon 1.6 (most loved),Hyundai Accent 1.6 (not as engaging as Ford but loved the plush ride ),again Ford ikon 1.3,Hyundai Elantra (white elephant and lowest driven, thanks to its fuel efficiency) and Ford Figo Aspire tdci first ever owned showroom vehicle). All these were chosen for their affordability and fun to drive nature.

Membership Experience:

You all may think then why was I not been member for so long ? Sadly, I was rejected for 4 times. I don't blame the forum for it but it was my vague attempts without really understanding the value of this highly respected forum.

My very first attempt was in 13 Jun 2010 then 07 Jan 2014,10 Sep 2016 & 25 Aug 2019. But it was on 19 Nov 2021 where I finally got succeeded and that email read "Team-BHP membership Approved" was like a dream come true moment for me. I was super excited like a kid who got his first toy!!

How I got succeeded on my last attempt/what made me attempt again for the membership ?

Though, I was rejected for 4 times it never stopped me from accessing the forum or the ever want of having Team-BHP stickers on my car. As said earlier, I had decided to never have them on my car unless being a member of this forum. On 19th Nov, while i was searching for some emails, ended up on one of the team bhp emails which read " Please register again". I was struck for a moment and thought to do it again. I went through all of my previous write up's and easily understood the reason behind my rejection. My attempts were really vague and didn't have any content for moderators to accept me into the forum. I felt shame for making such silly attempts despite knowing the fact of how Team-BHP looked for valued and serious subscribers. Also, thanks to its strict rules which is very vital in maintaining the quality of this forum. But the thing I understand is that these rules never stop auto enthusiast like us to be part of this forum. But It was us who needs to be serious and have the clarity of what Team-BHP really is before making any registration attempts. Trust me, I was very confident this time and also had the clear understanding of why I have to be a part of it and what really Team-BHP is.. That is when I actually realized that it is very simple and straight.

I hope this could help other future BHPians in the registration process.

As you all know by now, this is my very first post here and could have a number of mistakes. Please feel free to correct and nurture me into this forum. I promise to share valued content and worthy experiences.

Advance thanks to all for having patience and time in reading and welcoming me into this forum.

Finally, here is my dusty with Team bhp stickers on it!!
Attached Thumbnails
Dream come true! Finally, can have the Team-BHP stickers on my car.-20211221143911652.jpg  

Dream come true! Finally, can have the Team-BHP stickers on my car.-20211221143610789.jpg  

RaviGowda is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 19:06   #2
BHPian

Re: Dream come true! Finally, can have the Team-BHP stickers on my car.

Welcome to the forum fellow Duster owner.
88_TANK_88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks