Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2021, 19:14   #1
Tkm

Doctor in the forum

Mod note: Post edited. Welcome! please take sometime to review the post before submitting while typing using proper punctuation and capitalisation, especially from mobile devices where we overlook such matter. Helps immensely with readability of the post.

Hi everyone,

Just joined this amazing vehicle enthusiasts group and thought i would introduce myself.

I am a doctor, a diabetologist working in the western part of india and I love cars. Depending on where i was in my practice i have owned multiple cars the list of which will make your head reel
it all started with the humble but great maruti 800 in 1998 and thereafter progressed quite rapidly. I have owned two Hyundai Accents consecutively for three years each (a great car in early 2000s), a Zen Estilo, a Maruti SX4, a Hyundai Elantra in 2007 (again a superb performance car), a couple of maruti S-crosses (diesel). I still own one, it is one of the best cars for a relaxed ownership experience, a Maruti Ignis, and of course just bought my dream car the BMW X1 petrol.

I always self drive and try to keep my car in impeccable condition and love testing its capabilities when there are good empty roads. I tend to drive safely and dont take any risks or do anything illegal. So currently i have the BMW X1 petrol of course, an S Cross diesel and the Maruti Ignis.

I find that each car has its own quirks which makes it all the more fun to drive. The only problem is transiting from japanese to German, you switch on the wipers instead of the headlights. I would be very interested if the senior members of the team can guide me regarding ceramic coating of my BMW, the issue of run flat tyres, changing of brake pads and other maintenance issues in general.

I am very happy to be in this forum where I find that the members are quite learned about all issues related to their vehicles and passionate about it as well. I look forward to enjoying my membership and learning a lot from all of you.

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th October 2021 at 19:31.
Tkm is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 19:58   #2

Re: Doctor in the forum

Welcome to Team-BHP! Good to have you here.
So basically, what you want from your car's is the best of both worlds which reminds me of the famous phrase in Hindi, "Dus Ungliyaan Ghee Mein". German practicality and Japanese Reliability. Ha Ha Ha!
Old 27th October 2021, 23:12   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkm View Post
[b]I look forward to enjoying my membership and learning a lot from all of you.
Welcome Doc. An endocrinologist , interesting as there will be lot to share on this forum, or outside of it

Cheers
Old 28th October 2021, 08:00   #4
Tkm

thanks for the kind welcome
looking forward to many entertaining and informative posts
Old 28th October 2021, 08:46   #5
Team-BHP Support

Welcome Doctor,

You will find enough doctors here to start a large hospital chain.

Quote:
Depending on where i was in my practice i have owned multiple cars the list of which will make your head reel
Then you should go to this thread and break the current record.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ars-bikes.html (Your Previous Cars & Bikes)
Samurai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 09:30   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I always self drive and try to keep my car in impeccable condition and love testing its capabilities when there are good empty roads. I tend to drive safely and dont take any risks or do anything illegal. So currently i have the BMW X1 petrol of course, an S Cross diesel and the Maruti Ignis.
Welcome to this forum doc, You've got a good fleet of cars, right from the humble city runabout to the highway cruisers. Wish you many miles of safe driving with your rides.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks